Chapter 11 - It had to be you | Jason

Do you believe in heaven above? Do you believe in love? Don't tell a lie, don't be false or untrue 

It all comes back to you

Open fire on my burning heart. I've never been lucky in love. My defenses are down a kiss or a frown. I can't survive on my own

If a girl walks in and draws her name in my heart. I'll turn and run away. Every day we've all been led astray. It's hard to be lucky in love

Send me an angel

—Send me an Angel by Highly Suspect

Jason pulled his helmet off with a wide smile

Jason pulled his helmet off with a wide smile. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the adrenaline rush. At that moment he felt alive.

Jessica stopped next to him and yanked her helmet off. "Are you insane? Do you know how fast you were going?"

Jason laughed. "Fast enough to beat you."

"You could've killed yourself." Jessica swung her leg of the Ducati and walked away.

Jason sighed. "Jess, wait,"—he jogged to catch to her— "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you, and your right it was irresponsible."

She shrugged. "Fine, you're forgiven."

Inside the gym, they were met with stares.

Jessica huffed. "Guess it's something to get used to, you're the boss now."

Jason sighed. "They expect me to be him, but I'm not."

"It will get better, they feared dad." Jess placed her hand on his arm. "They will be loyal to you, not because of fear...because they respect you."

Jason nodded and pointed to old Bob shuffling into view.

Old Bob gave them one look before a smile took place on his wrinkly face. "What ya'll standing around for? Get your butts back to training," he shouted, walking closer.

"Why Bob, aren't you just a ray of sunshine," Jason joked.

"Don't you be a smartass with me, sonny, I practically raised you," he said pointing a fossilized finger at Jason.

Jason held up his hands. "Your right Bob, how can I ever make it up to you?"

Jess smacked Jason on the shoulder. "Just ignore him, Uncle Bob, he's a jackass. Besides, we came here to train since big bro here got a bit rusty." She mockingly tried to knee Jason in the behind, but he managed to block her just in time.

"Ha, look who's still got 'em reflexes," Jason said chuffed with himself.

Jess pulled a face then grabbed Jason's hand and dragged him in the direction of the practice arenas where the rest of the group was already goofing around.

Jason walked deliberately slow to annoy her, she wasn't strong enough to pull him to her desired speed, and he childishly got a kick out of it.

Jess suddenly stopped. She was distracted by someone in the far corner.

So easily distracted. Jason walked past her. He noticed Rachel's hopeful expression when their eyes met and immediately turned to confront Jess. What did she tell Rachel?

Jess was gone.

Jason reluctantly walked to join the group.

"Where's Jess?" Leo asked.

"Who the hell knows." Jason shrugged.

Aaron tapped Jason on the shoulder and pointed to Jessica at the other end of the gym.

Jess was hugging the daylights out of some girl. "Who's the babe?" That ass was...hmmm.

"That 'babe' is your 'not' girlfriend...and I will give it to you, she has a really nice ass." Aaron chuckled.

On cue Jess spun Skylar around and waved, motioning for Jason to come over.

Jason had to pick his jaw up off the floor. What the hell is she doing here?

"Go," Aaron smirked.