huit ;

Tyler found himself right in front of his apartment complex, despite the constant wrong turns and aimless walking he had done after his terrible school day. He ended up sprinting to the building, running up the steps two at a time. He prayed Jenna was home, but she probably wasn't-work for her didn't end for another hour and a half.

The boy collapsed as soon as he managed to get the door open. He sat on the floor and sobbed like a child. Surprisingly, the blonde roommate rushed from her room to the entrance, startled to say the least until she saw the boy.

She frowned concerned, her heart breaking. Jenna walked over to Tyler and held the boy tightly.

"I j-just don't know w-w-what to d-do." The boy couldn't hold anything in any longer. His mind was rattled; he couldn't think of how things could get better...or worse for that matter.

"Tyler. Tyler listen to me. I'm not going to sugar-coat this because you deserve the truth always." The boy struggled to quiet his cries, but eventually got them under control.

"Tyler. I'm...I'm leaving."

The boy's puffy, red eyes stared blankly at the girl in shock. "W-wait..."

"Not immediately, but soon. A week, maybe ten days. I got recommended for a new project taking place in California. It's gonna be huge. I stop working downtown tonight, just so I can get everything packed. They just told me today, Tyler. I know it's not the best time..." Jenna had tried to keep her composure, but it continued to falter.

"It's just...a great opportunity." The blonde's voice cracked, causing the boy in her arms to tighten their embrace. Both knew Jenna wasn't staying, despite the problems with Tyler. It seemed inconsiderate - Tyler couldn't have been more upset, but in the back of his mind he knew that if Jenna turned down twelve position because of him, it would be the biggest mistake in both their lives.

Tyler's mind traveled back to a phone conversation that seemed like ages ago, but was only a few weeks prior.

"This is you're time, Jen. You wanted to come to New York for a reason right?"

"Actually, I just came here for you, remember?" the girl joked.

"Jenna, you said yourself that you prefer now rather than later. Take your own advice. Whatever you wanted to do when you decided to drop out of high school and move to the Big Apple, pursue it. For me? Please?"

The boy had encouraged the break-through. And even though it hurt like hell, Tyler knew he'd do the exact same thing over again, if it meant Jenna found the one thing she was willing to wake up happy for each morning and go to sleep with a content smile on her pretty face each night.

"Jenna," the boy spoke softly. "It's okay. I won't hold you back for my own selfish needs. Go." There was that word again. It seemed like each time Tyler heard it, it hammered at his spine harder and harder.

"I'm sorry how shitty this timing was." the blonde giggled a little, in hopes of lightening the mood.

"I'm sure in a week's time it'll get better," the boy tried his best to sound optimistic. "right?"

Jenna patted his back, like a mother would a child. "Of course. And if it doesn't, I'll go down there and beat some ass before I leave."

Tyler laughed half-heartedly. "I mean, it wouldn't hurt..."

Jenna playful punched the boy in the arm, earning a smile that looked genuine enough. The girl placed her thumb under Tyler's eye and gently wiped away the leftover tears.

"I love you Tyler. You've been my best friend for a while now, even though you're so much more like family to me. I'll never leave you behind, okay? I will always come back for you. You're worth something, Tyler Joseph. And to me, you're worth everything."

Tyler latched onto his friend, holding back another tsunami of tears. "When will you learn to shut up Jen, holy crap." Jenna smiled against the fabric on Tyler's shoulder, fighting back a flood of her own.

"Shit," the blonde cursed under her breath as she glanced at her watch. "the girls I'm gonna be moving on with are gonna Skype me any minute." she reluctantly pulled away from the loving embrace and blotted her eyes with the inside of her t-shirt. Tyler copied, realizing how wet his face truly was. He sat cross-legged on the sofa, resembling a lost puppy. Jenna sighed, catching a glimpse at the sad boy. An idea came to her like turning on Christmas lights for the first time. "Do you wanna meet them?"

;

"Hi!" two girls waved simultaneously, with the same amount of enthusiasm shining in their big eyes.

"Hey," Jenna waved back. Tyler sat idly next to her, saluting the duo with a sheepish smirk. "This is Tyler, my roommate. Tyler, meet Sarah and Debby." The girls repeated the same greeting, this time not in-sync. Tyler waved and mumbled a hello.

"He just wanted to meet the two lovely ladies who will be taking care of me in the next few days." The three girls laughed. Quite frankly, Tyler didn't find anything in that statement remotely funny at all. The boy tried not to be bitter, but he couldn't help it. These were the women who were taking Jenna away from him half way across the country. Seeing red was the only sensible thing Tyler could do, besides crying.

The group chatted some more, rarely including the silently seething boy, but it wasn't like Tyler wanted to be included in the first place. What seemed like hours passed, and Tyler started to feel his eyelids grow heavy. All the sobbing made him feel the most fatigued he's ever felt, more than dancing would. He yawned, half because he wanted sleep, half because he wanted to show the three girls how interested they truly were.

"Oh, I'm sorry Tyler. You've had a long day, you can go to bed if you want." Jenna placed a warm hand on the boy's wrist. His heart melted a bit. He knew he was being a jerk, but he couldn't help it; he was losing another person that was oh so very close to him.

The lanky boy only nodded, and started toward the exit of the girl's room that was soon to be bare and empty.

"Ty," he turned to face Jenna and looked her in the eyes, which was such a hard thing to do. "Love you."

Tyler swallowed hard at the words. Those were the words that made his eardrums chime and his heart flutter. "M'love you too."

a/n

i'm making bad decisions by updating this in study hall instead of doing last night's hw but oh well i like wattpad way more than high school

this is also high key a filler chapter and the joshler will slowly start to come into play i promise