quatorze ;

An ice pack was placed directly under his thigh and he had to bite his lip in order to sustain the hiss that sat restlessly on his tongue. With the help of his mentor, the boy managed to strain a muscle in his hamstring, the semimembranosus to be exact. Right in his inner thigh, Tyler felt a sharp pain in between his legs while being assisted with a high kick.

He had forgotten to stretch.

"This hurts like a motherfucker." The injured boy couldn't refrain from the curse word - it truly did cause a serious amount of pain.

"It's gonna take a while to heal," Joshua rubbed the back of his neck, staring at Tyler's injured thigh, guilty written across his wrinkled forehead. "I'm sorry for all of this, Ty." the usually self-assured, brusque man turned introverted at the sight of the hurt student.

The brunette placed his hand on the other's wrist, his eyes glistening with merciful residue. "It's not your fault. I'm okay."

The moment was exaggerated. Each inhale seemed to last a minute; each exhale last ten. Tyler didn't even realize he was practically gravitating toward the pink haired man until their lips were inches away. Their eyes were locked onto each other's, making the moment intimating and lustful.

Ever so profound, their lips met. It was innocent and quick; pecks of pure adoration.

Joshua's eyes fluttered shut, but Tyler kept his open. The small kisses made his heart break, they were so lovely. He watched with heavy eyelids as the pink haired man before him nipped at his own lips. He couldn't tell if he was falling or flying.

Truth be told, the brunette was almost frightened to be entranced by the kiss. If he closed his eyes, if he heightened his senses and used only his taste and touch, he'd be committed. Tyler was frightened because if he gave himself to Joshua, he'd never be able to take it back.

"Get some rest." Joshua had stopped the heavy flow of kisses. Even though he didn't want anything to come out of this, he already missed the ethereal feel of soft, caring smooches on his unexpecting lips.

Tyler situated himself on the couch, careful not to move his leg too much. Joshua had taken the comforter off his own bed, along with a fluffy pillow, which now had the brunette's pretty little head sinking into it. After making sure Tyler was comfortable, the older of the two made his way into his own room, keeping the door fully open.

Tyler listened as he heard the sound of heavy denim hit the floor, along with a lamp clicking off. The living room was dark enough with the blinds open but still allowed the lights from the city to illuminate the hardwood flooring.

For some reason, the brunette was saddened to hear the bed creak, indicating the pink haired man was already getting settled. His mind drifted off to times far away, back when Jenna was still around. He missed her terribly.

The thoughts disappeared when he felt soft lips kiss his cheek.

"Goodnight Tyler."

And after the man had gone back into his own room, the brunette finally started to calm, letting his body melt into the pillow and pulling the blanket tightly around his frame, inhaling the sweet scent of Joshua.

He closed his eyes, the places were Joshua's lips had been tingling in the moonlight.

;

The boy's dreams were filled with heaven; birds warbling, a yellow lab barking with excitement, the soft hum of summer heat adorned with small, diluted winds softening the skin of everyone around.

But the dreams soon faded as reality slowly uncovered itself. The sounds of the city filled the brunette's ears; car horns beeping loud and annoyed, pollution investing his lungs, making his eyes water. Tyler yawned, instantly remembering his injured leg as it stiffened underneath him. The boy looked around the bland room, slowly recognizing his surroundings.

"Josh," he called out, his throat dry.

Almost instantaneously, he heard a commotion coming from the other room.

"Yeah, hold on." a scruffy voice emitted from behind the wall. Tyler smiled a little, remembering the previous night (the annoyance had faded, replaced with a silly emotion called love, though the boy didn't know it yet).

"What's up?" his hair was wild and his eyes were filled with sleep. The jeans from the previous night were hanging low on his hip, revealing the band of his underwear, unbuttoned and barely zipped all the way. The man's torso was bare, and was a lovely eye sore to the brunette who sat perched on the couch.

"Can you get me a drink?"

"Sure. Of what?" the two were looking at each other, straight in the eye. Not being able to hold it in, Tyler started to giggle slightly, his smile reaching all the way up to his ears. Joshua did the same, their laughs harmonizing so sweetly, angels started to hum along.

"Orange juice please." the brunette spoke through the heavenly laughs.

Josh smiled genuinely, before walking to the kitchen island. "How about I just make you breakfast."

"Okay."

The tint in his cheeks darkened as the brunette watched the muscles in the older man's back contract as he went to work cooking for him. A small sigh escaped from his lips.

He could get used to this.

a/n

hello loves!
so lol i updated even though i said i was going on a break but¯\_()_/¯

anyway, if any of y'all want to like keep track of how much u update or just want to have a reminder to do something everyday, download the app called "Don't Break the Chain". lol imagine if this was sponsored??? but i use this app constantly and u can set reminders n shit and rn my chain is 59 days long (i've written SOMETHING). it really helps to develops your craft i think especially if u have a certain goal.

also, look at this amazing fan art from Twentyonespookytyjos !! i really love all art like literally if u can draw or paint or anything send it to me even if its not fan art 👏i'm👏a👏sLUT👏FOR👏ART

thank u all so much for the support and i promise after this week, more updates should arise it just takes a little bit to really perfect some chapters💕

-madison