vingt-nuef ;

Laughter filled the kitchen as three very different people drank various flavored coffee after a large breakfast. Josh took his all black, Jenna had cream and sugar while Tyler had tea (Jenna brought some weird tea back from a random market in California, but with a little bit of sugar and honey it didn't taste half bad).

"So wait, what did the flight attendant say?"

"He was so wounded, poor baby. It was hilarious. And the way Sarah was so quick to kiss me without the slightest hesitation was great. Debby was at the window seat close to tears. It was really great."

"I mean, the dude tried to flirt with you and then started to berate you as soon as he figured out what you do for a living." Tyler sipped his tea, feeling like he was in some type of daytime talk show.

"Jokes on him though because as soon as the plane landed, he got a bunch of dirty looks from the passengers. It was all anyone could talk about for the rest of the trip. I'm sure he got punished." The blonde crossed her arms, satisfied.

"And I mean, he's a flight attendant."

The group burst into a fit of giggles.

"I bet you're glad to be back on solid ground then, huh?"

"Not really. People can be dicks anywhere, whether you're three thousand miles up in the air or with both of your feet planted on the ground. To me, it doesn't make a difference. You can't escape from other people's opinions, that's just the reality of it."

A short pause followed the blonde's profound speech. "Damn Jen, that was deep." Josh commented.

"I guess journalism helped me spew more pseudo-profundity at people who weren't expecting it, huh?"

Suddenly, Jenna looked...sad. Tyler had never seen his bubbly other half look so blue. It threw him off, but he didn't miss a beat before asking, "Hey, what's up?"

The blonde looked into her almost empty coffee mug. "It's becoming more and more difficult to follow through with this dream. Don't get me wrong, I love journalism, but this whole profound quirky hipster thing isn't really my thing. It's not real news, it's opinionated and one-sided. There can be a really good story but then I have to stop and manipulate the view and make it this far left piece of shit and make it sound so edgy and gross. I'm writing things that other's want to hear and it's the most draining feeling."

It was heavy, but both Josh and Tyler understood. The whole concept of struggling and working your ass off to get to where you want to be to then start question if that is truly want to be was anything but foreign to the two.

The brunette stood up and walked over to the fridge. He pulled out a tube of ice cream and then three spoons. As he sat down next to a very confused Joshua and Jenna, he started his little speech.

"Do you know why I didn't go back home after the first week I came to NY? It's because of you. And you kept telling me to take my chances and never give up on my dream, even if it was too risky. I listened," the brunette handed each person a silver utensil. "It's my turn to mentor you now. Don't you dare think for a moment that you are limited to this teen web-zine bullshit. You're not. Sarah and Debby would understand if you moved on, would encourage it even. The work you did would never be taken down, and if it were, I have digital copies so they can fuck off. I know you don't like it when I get all mushy on you so I'm just gonna say it as straight forward as I can; do whatever the fuck you want to do, because you are capable of anything," after a breath, the brunette scooped a chunk of ice cream onto his spoon, held it up high and concluded, "And now I say to you, Jenna Black, to taking chances!"

Jenna dug her spoon into the ice cream and held her spoon high as well. "To taking chances."

Clink!