Chapter 2: Next

Upon standing in front of Pain's office, Deidara knocks twice before hearing a faint "come in" from the other side. As he closed the door, he could see Sasori in front, Pain sitting behind his desk and Konan standing just a few metres behind him. He expected Sasori to be summoned as they are partners, but Konan? He'd never worked alongside her before, but he knows that he would not be able to defeat her as how he is at this state.

Years of training within the organisation has made him take note of what his abilities are and what the other members are capable of. He'll never admit out loud. No, he would never say such things. He will not admit the fact that he is the one that is the weakest. Strong and bold and with an attitude of his he is considered a strong, worth-fighting opponent. That is what he is to others, to himself it is not. He knows that if he were to battle anyone within the organisation or one of the strongest people from the Hidden Villages, he'd be the one at loss. He is not in the same league as them.

"What is it, Pain? I was training myself then the Uchiha disturbed my training session that I rarely get." He complains, having little to no time to strengthen his abilities after having so many missions to accomplish. Though the missions were fairly easy and most did not involve such a fierce battle, they take a lot out of him. The clay he use for his explosives are decreasing each time he fights. Soon enough, he won't have enough clay and will need to gather more. In such times where clay is rather scarce and their heads are recorded in the Bingo Book it is much more difficult to wander out without informing one another of their whereabouts. If one were to ever be captured or killed, the lost for the organisation is huge.

"The next mission for you, Deidara, and Sasori. Konan," with that being said, Konan approaches the pair.

A few moments later every single detail that needs to be said and elaborated on was over. The meeting came to a close. The main objective is to meet up with Hidan and Kakuzu, and discuss which mission each pair is willing to take. The other pair, Hidan and Kakuzu, had already known about these two meeting up with them during their way back from their previous task.

The choice is to assassinate a group of bandits whose bounty is rather high, though not deemed worthy enough to be written in the Bingo Book. The second is a war mission. The objective is rather simple: Ko no Kuni to be destroyed. However the goal is to expand Akatsuki's reputation, to let the world know they may be few in number but the power they hold is not child's play. They exist to rule the world, and those who oppose them will perish.

[rewritten]