Chapter 14: Between Us

It's nothing like he expected upon his return to the basement. He is being praised, for his mission, by Pain. The completion of the mission that lasted a week excluding the time of travel.
On the return trip he and Itachi had sprinted back to the basement having reached the entryway in three weeks while his trip to the destination alone took two and a half months. He had enjoyed the time in isolation with no danger he would have to look out for. But he would have to wake up soon, and he is aware that time is now.

Pain has Deidara in front of him in his seat behind the desk with knees on either side of his hips while his hand grips his hair pulling it back lightly yet firm enough that the shinobi grunts in protest, but the noise soon turns into an airy sigh with Pain mouthing his throat. Having Pain's mouth directly on his Adam's Apple, nibbling it lightly when he gulps, Deidara finds it more than just the normal praise he'll receive and he grows more ecstatic each passing second to finally be acknowledged, even if it feels so wrong to be here with Pain in such an erotic position. Even so, he is pulled back from his train of thought when he feels the hand on his hair loosen and instead, rests on the small curve of his spine of his lower back. He feels safe. Comforted, to say the least. He trusts Pain. Because he is his leader. Even though he may not always listen to his words he knows Pain is always right and has always been right. Which makes him love it even more when he is proven wrong by Pain because he gives him the attention he doesn't give to others. So he does what he does best.

"Coat off." Pain orders, a smirk ghosting his lips. His voice deeper and raspy from marking his throat, littering the roughly fair skin with bites that is enough to be visible for a few hours leaving bruises on his collarbone.

Deidara exhales shakily in an attempt to calm his excitement, feeling himself growing weak under the man's gaze and hold on his body. He strips his coat off his shoulders letting it drop onto the floor beneath the chair he is on, revealing his thin physique with a sleeveless fishnet shirt hugging his chest and torso. He looks up to meet the other's eyes, urging him on, and proceeds to remove the shirt as it follows the coat on the floor. His chest exposing all the scars that paints the skin surrounding his chest all the way to his hips. Tails of some scars lead further down as it disappears under the material of clothing that hides his lower region. Pain traces each scar gliding over it with his thumb, applying pressure to some wounds which results in hisses of pain from Deidara who slowly feels self-conscious of his appearance the longer Pain's gaze lingers on one spot of his naked top for too long.

"Ack–!"

A hot sensation shoots through him as Pain focuses chakra to his fingertips above Deidara's heart. His other hand holding him still by the hips pushing him down onto his lap as the boy gasps at the shivering pain that courses throughout his trembling body. "N-no. Stop!" he gasps. Hands moving from the side of his body to tightly grip onto Pain's shoulders to steady himself when the sharp intensity of the chakra declines, though he can still feel it through him, mixing with his own.

Pain tugs the boy on his lap to lean against him, forehead resting on his shoulder breathing heavily with beads of sweat forming, trembling again when he transmit chakra directly to the boy's temple. A whine erupts from the body beside him, squirming in discomfort when all the chakra eventually leads back to Deidara's chest above his heart where a sealed mouth struggles to keep silent, demanding freedom. Deidara arches his back as a sharp sting finds its way to his lower back and nape. Crying out in pain without caring whether anyone would hear him. He isn't in the right mind to care for such trivial things anyway.

Pain keeps his eyes on Deidara's exposed skin, gazing longingly at how beautifully scarred his boy is from all the battles he's been in and now holding onto him desperately shaking under his chakra-infused touch.

He chuckles lowly, knowing he is the cause of it all. He turns his head into the crook of his blond's neck, pecking at the skin several times he can practically feel the shiver from the boy in his control. Mewling. So desperate for his attention. He adores the boy along the way of using him aside from Konan who is an essential part to his plans and who, unlike others, had joined him long before their organisation became filled with missing-nins and rogues.

Lowering his hands to hold onto the boy's thighs he wraps his hands under his knee caps, tugging them so they are chest-to-chest, leaving no distance between them. Their lips mere centimetres apart when he begins giving whispering to Deidara who is too far gone to comprehend what is said. His eyes dilated, a panting mess. Skin flushed and hot one would think he has a fever. Body limp and arms hang by his side when Pain is done. Consciousness leaving him as Pain's Rinnegan is the last thing he sees and a pair of lips pressed against his.

-----

"There is one last mission I will assign you, Deidara. One very important mission that only you can accomplish."

"You must–"

"... It appears you have become art yourself, hn."

His gaze lingers over the mess of a puppet that is Sasori's true form. Still, lifeless, not human nor puppet. An incomplete work of art, he comments with a grunt of disapproval. Disappointing how his rival's death seems so meaningless than it should. Even so, Deidara cannot remove his gaze from his former partner's body. Something in him struck a chord and the pain is unbearable. Like tree roots piercing into him, persistent on crushing him. He concludes it is true. Something is, in fact, crushing him because the next moment where he is conscious of his surroundings his face is already streaked with tears running down his cheeks. So, he stands there, with his arms missing from the battle prior with the Copy-Nin of Konoha and the Nine-tails Jinchuriki. He's damaged too much to bother himself with the fact he has lost his limbs. Losing limbs is an occurrence which has happened often during his years as a rogue shinobi and now a member of Akatsuki.

He grumbles between sobs that threatens to escape his lips. "And you were sure art lasts forever, hn." Instead, he grits his teeth, willing those tears to stop falling before he wipes them with his coat however way possible without his arms. If Sasori can see him Deidara knows he will most certainly be made fun of considering he has shed tears for the puppet master. Mutual respect for master of their own arts. No more, no less.

Deidara inhales sharply through his nose with a resolved heart and new determination. His goal to defeat Uchiha Itachi still stands and will never falter, however he is going to become stronger and better. Better than anyone he's ever come across and better than himself.

I'll make you see, Sasori-danna, that I will not fall like you have. So just stay there and watch me, hn.

He sprints off in search of his missing arm, hoping to retrieve it before anyone else finds it. It would no doubt be troublesome if the ones who find it is shinobi. He has had enough battles for the day.