Chapter 3: "I Bet You Will"

Meanwhile, in the same forest where Deidara had left in such a hurry, the Uchiha has yet to make a move from the tree branch he is resting on. He saw what had happened. He can read people and he can see the flickering emotions in their eyes. Especially the ones that hold meaning behind them he can read them well. So what made the young, blond master show such pain in his eyes? He saw what was behind all those walls the kid put up. The attitude, the sarcastic remarks but most importantly, what his eyes were saying. His eyes were telling something that his mouth isn't. His eyes were watery and seemed to be ready to spill at any given second if given the chance to let it flow freely. But he didn't.

His eyes were saying something which Itachi himself isn't so sure whether his guess is wrong or right. It held a strong emotion but, can Itachi confirm it?

Deidara . . . What happened you? Itachi questions, hopping down from the think branch he was previously on and lands on the solid ground with ease. The dried soil beneath his feet crumbling upon the sudden impact.

He walks back towards the basement, keeping a straight face as no one needs to know what is bugging him. It isn't like any of them will bother to ask, anyways. If anything the silence of it all allows him to ponder his thoughts, letting him think in peace without having to worry anyone disturbing him.

Once reaching the basement Itachi sees the blonde he was thinking about not so long ago, beside him is Sasori. It is obvious the two are getting ready to leave for their mission, but of course not without Sasori having to wait for Deidara to gather more clay in his pouch and check he has all the necessary weapons in his arsenal. The sight amuses him.

The blond approaches the big wooden puppet who is waiting at the main entrance of the basement, huffing in annoyance, "Took you long enough." the puppet master complains, already leaving. Deidara only chuckles drily before settling down. He glances over his shoulder to see a certain raven head staring in their direction.

"Before we head out," he starts earning a glance from Sasori and attention from the Uchiha. "I swear I will be the one who kills your brother, Uchiha Itachi." he chuckles softly to himself then continues his way with Sasori beside him who doesn't spare him another glance while muttering something along the lines of 'wasting my time.'

That look on his face is... lovely. The blond comments with a ghostly smile before clearing his head with a stern look. 'Lovely' is not in his dictionary, a word he barely uses. 'Beautiful' is and that only applies to his artworks, the one and only which he adores.

The corner of the Uchiha's mouth tugs upwards slightly into what people will see as a smirk, responding in a hushed voice that no one but himself can hear, "I bet you will."

[rewritten]