Chapter 15: love is a spark (火花)

Sometimes choosing to say some things can lead to unimaginable reactions, Deidara found out not too long ago. Along with it a confession he never would have thought is real and genuine, directed towards him. For him.

The two nins stopped each other before it could lead to damage emotionally than physically. The words were left hanging in the air around them wherever they went but even the blond shinobi knows what the underlying message of those words are. What the words mean between them.

"There is no limit for a tool like shinobi. After each battle, we are given another chance or is replaced. There is, however," Itachi looks up to meet Deidara, a deep longing visible in his eyes, pleading almost, "A limit a human can take after failed attempts because a human's life is only one," His words flow from his mouth like droplets from a leaf in the early morning; trickling and calming with presence.

Their hands tangled with Itachi's strong grip on Deidara's fist that neared his face for a punch. The younger who recently had his jaw clenched in anger, annoyance, hatred and denial is now calm. His arm less tense and eventually relaxed.
The very eyes that taunted him and his abilities; killed and made him at the very same moment. Eyes that he despised now held such feelings he never anticipated to be meant for him and him alone. In that split second Deidara felt the true feeling of being wanted. And as cliché as it may seem the boy feels his heart pounding in his chest, beating for one purpose which he has long questioned.

To be wanted, to be depended on, to experience the wonderful flow of love rushing through his veins, Deidara cannot resist the smile that threatens to replace his poker face.

Happiness.

In a long while he feels happiness can become a part of his life and become a part of him. Love is dangerous he knows, but even he who is less experienced and understand nothing of what love is is prepared to risk himself for this newfound emotion he hasn't felt since his departure of Iwa. If anything he wants it to be true. All the emotions that is coursing through him he wishes for it to be true and genuine and mutual. Real. Love is dangerous, he knows, and he's prepared to take the risk if it means he can have a chance at finding and experiencing love.

-----

He has had dreams of the moment he would run away with the one he loves. It was a stupid dream when he was younger and an ANBU with little to no knowledge of this feeling called love. But, in his dreams, the person always has their face covered, identity unknown no matter how many times he's asked them to remove the cloth that covers their face. But as he spends months which eventually turns into years within the criminal organisation he's begun to realise that love in the world of shinobi will never remain pure and innocent like what he used to dream of.
War is never going to end. Hatred and the need for vengeance will never die no matter how nations are united and allied. Shinobi are only tools– weapons that protect the innocent and defeat each other in battle. Cemeteries and graveyards are becoming full whether there are criminals or not. Hate would still exist. In turn, the world has left young Itachi no choice but to quit his dream of spending a peaceful life with the one person he loves with all his heart and who loves him equally. He has grown into a man of cold aura and stillness which surrounds him in whatever situation he is faced with. The ideal shinobi, one would say. Except the stillness within his soul stirs the moment a certain blond boy challenges him into a fight, one which he knows he will win nonetheless. Curiosity hidden behind his darkened eyes from years of cold and silence Itachi had once again felt warmth spread through him. Warmth he hasn't felt since the day he left his baby brother, and the massacre of the Uchiha clan.

-----

"Jinchuuriki?"

The room erupts into an uproar at the mention of Tailed-Beast vessels. Many mumbling under their breaths or expressing concerns regarding them.