Chapter 6: Trap or Coincidence Pt. 2

Deidara visibly stiffened though his expression said otherwise, he knew this voice from somewhere... Where? he scolded himself inwardly, barring his teeth like a wild dog about to pounce on its prey.

The hooded male kept his eyes at the blonde figure in front of him as he reached in his waist pocket, taking out what appears to be a mask with an animal similar to a squirrel on it. ANBU?! the blonde panicked, his eyes widen in shock. He rushed ahead with a kunai pointing towards the male ANBU with speed in hope he can catch him off guard. No one warned him of such thing as an ANBU being involved or that he must face one. He felt... betrayed.

The ANBU had little to no time to react, however being in the ANBU Black Ops deflecting a simple weapon as the kunai was simple and easy. The masked ANBU blocked the kunai with a sheath, his left hand gripping the katana to Deidara's throat. Their gaze met; one with a killer-intent, another with a look of fear mixed with shock. He then realised why he was sent on this secret mission.
"Iwa sent you." the blonde whispered, his voice unwavering; it was only a front- an act to show he wasn't an easy target. He wouldn't allow anyone to see how weak he really is. His chosen art was his true inspiration, the intention of defeating the Uchiha brothers were his sub-goals to becoming a truly strong opponent. He was tired of being looked down on. By the Akatsuki and the Uchihas. The ANBU is no different.

The male hummed in response, not denying the fact that he is indeed sent by Iwa to annihilate the target in front of him. The ANBU nudged the kunai out of Deidara's grip, surprised the blonde didn't put much of a fight - no struggles at all as the metal collides with the ground, clink clanging beside their feet.
The unknown male, still pointing the katana at Deidara's throat threateningly, backed him up against the trunk of a tree until there was no room to escape. It was then the blonde realised there isn't just one of them. There were five.

Deidara inhaled, preparing himself for what was to come. He felt truly betrayed. No one was there for him. He was all alone, out here in the middle of some dying forest. Yet his mind wandered to a certain sharingan user; a mysterious man he is, powerful and brilliant, intelligent. An Uchiha- his sworn enemy, one day he will defeat both Uchiha Sasuke and Itachi. That was his goal no matter what.

It isn't the end. It's only a test. One simple thing.

Four other ANBU appeared behind Deidara and the squirrel-mask,  surrounding them in the shape of a square. Now, he is truly trapped. His blue eyes dimmed as he eyed each and every ANBU, observing them and noticing the animals represented on the masks; a squirrel, a tanuki, a black panther, a red fox and a crow.

The squirrel-mask ANBU pressed his katana further on the blonde's throat, piercing it as blood began to seep through the layers of skin, causing the male to hiss in pain as he finds it difficult to breathe. It was torture, slowly cutting someone was pure torture.
However, the masked man backed away, leaving space between the two of them while the other four were confused as to why he didn't finish him off. It was one simple task: track down and exterminate Deidara of Akatsuki, leaving no trace of him behind.

"Why?" the crow questioned gritting her teeth though not visible under the mask, fetching a kunai from her pouch, ready to do so herself as she gripped it firmly. The squirrel raise an arm to stop her, he had an idea.
Without a second thought the man lunged at Deidara, catching them all by surprise as the katana pierced the blonde right where his heart would have been.

Deidara's mouth hung open, gaping, as blood poured out of his mouth, running down his chin. His wide eyes filled with horror, shocked, as his once crystal blue eyes turned pale white like the colour of his explosive clay artworks.

The ANBU squad then left the scene once they realised it was a clone they were dealing with all along, fleeing deeper into the forest as the clone exploded into a million microscopic pieces of clay; the explosion temporarily blinding their eye sight.

Laughable it may seem, the ANBU squad had fallen for one of the oldest tricks written in the history of Shinobi World.

- A/N: weird. I know. I agree. Completely.
Happy New Year 2018 though! Wish everyone a great start to 2018.
- Ur boy Zeit -