Chapter 12: Leap & Discovery

Warning of mature theme in first half: 

- if uncomfortable please skip ahead the long paragraph 

- doesn't involve smut if that's what you're worried about, or if you want one this ain't it

- non-explicit but a warning still better than none 

- intimate

- - - - -

The following two days the pair had gone out at different times of the day, although Deidara sent his clone out more often than he went himself. Itachi on the other hand made it his duty to collect as much information as possible before the week ends, from observing the guards to making small talk with the residents to sending a crow to keep a close eye on the council elders, he had a rough idea of where the scroll could be kept.

Other than exchanging glances in each others' way and trading what they each know and gained neither of the two Akatsuki members had spoken about anything else ever since, the cold treatment he was given was slowly climbing up his nerves and Itachi hates every ounce of the heavy fog that always seems to linger whenever the two are alone together in the same room. The house gradually became an enclosed cage the silence between them continues to grow to the point where the Uchiha could not stand being ignored any longer. What did he do wrong?

"That's it." he growls, standing in front of the blond with his fists clenched at his side while looking down at him who is currently reading the daily newspaper which makes it seem he doesn't give a damn if his mission is successful or not.

Deidara glances up from the paragraph he was reading, eyes peeking out from under his long lashes and for a millisecond millions of thoughts ran through Itachi's mind.

"What do you want." he says in a statement than a question, deciding against averting his eyes from the elder as a small, sly smirk decorates his lips, intentionally batting his eyes.

Itachi, though, ignoring the hint of seduction lunges forward and grabs the collar of Deidara's robe, glaring at him in the eyes because he is so sick of his bullshit. "No, what do you want? Stop this bullshit!"

If not carefully observed he wouldn't have seen the wavering look of fear in Deidara's eyes when he grabbed him, only for it to vanish as fast as it had appeared.

Itachi is furious at how playful this boy is. How disrespectful he is towards his senior and he has had enough of his games, especially when that smirk turns into a fox-like grin. He so desperately wants to rub it off of his face. Except what he did not expect is the boy to discard the newspaper and stand tall before him. Oh no, not at all. It isn't even a second later that the boy leans towards him, hands cupping the sides of his face and take Itachi by surprise as he connect their lips. How daring. 

Though not long enough to savour the moment Itachi reciprocates, wrapping his hands around the wrists that hold him steady he deepens their kiss, refusing to separate even when he hears a muffled protest.

After several attempts Deidara finally frees himself from Itachi's grasps.  A thin, fine line of saliva and drool still connecting their mouths and their faces flushed leaving them in a state of exhilaration and bewilderment.

"Deidara..." 

His eyes wide and breath coming out in short pants. What is he suppose to say in response to that? Should he say anything at all? Instead of uttering words Deidara swiftly pulls the older back onto the couch with him hovering over the younger, his hand resting on the arm of the couch to support his weight while the other hand pressing in beside Deidara's hip. One knee in between the younger's thighs, the other resting on the very edge of the couch. When Itachi opens his mouth to question his intentions he is silenced with a finger to his lips. A clouded, suggestive look in the other's eyes when their eyes meet. His question immediately answered and he doesn't waste such opportunity, even if that means they are straying from the path they are suppose to follow.