Chapter 5: Trap or Coincidence Pt.1

After two weeks of travelling to an unknown forest between two small nations a certain blonde male found his designated "forest" which, very much appears to be a rural area of land filled with withering oak trees and maple trees, most of which had died out while some are barely alive. By the time he arrived to the withering forest, the radiating heat from the Sun slowly cools down as it hovers over the horizon as night falls.

As the blonde male gathered wood to create a camp site he summoned Composition C-1, standing a few meters away, "Katsu." he ordered, creating a moderate sized bonfire as it explodes. His camp site fire is ow complete, 'a work of art in itself, hn.' He beamed with a wide grin. Perhaps this so-called mission isn't as terrible as he originally thought. He gathered a pile of old dead leaves near the trunk of an oak tree for comfort for his back as he lays himself on the ground close to the campfire, folding his arms behind his head as he stares up at the starry night sky, getting lost in its beauty and wonders. A warm relaxing atmosphere such as this, doesn't always present itself for the blonde man. Such an opportunity for him to reconnect with his surroundings was rare, and since there wasn't a time limit for how long he could remain outside the basement, he decided that perhaps he should spend some time slacking off- to reset his mind and find his "inner peace", instead of focusing on improving his artistic skills. After all, this is an unknown forest that even he have not heard of its name until now, surely this is a safe environment to idle around.

Not long after staring up at the night sky then to the campfire, Deidara fell asleep, exhausted from his journey. An arm covering half his face as he slept while mumbling incoherent words, followed by a few silent groans as if he were stuck in a nightmare- as if he were in pain. A frown replacing his peaceful-looking face.
Meanwhile, somewhere nearby yet not so close, a pair of onyx eyes observes the blonde haired male from afar.

By morning the campfire had burned out, leaving smoke and ash behind as the remaining logs cackle and whimper as the fire vanishes, the warmth disappearing. Deidara, however, was nowhere to be in sight. A pair of onyx eyes widen, scanning the nearby areas where the blondie could be. However it was to no avail. 'Where can he be?' The mysterious person questioned. Then, in that moment the sound of an explosion set off, causing those onyx eyes to face in the direction of the explosion. They smirked, their target wasn't too far away, much to their relief.

"Ahh. There you are."

Deidara swiftly attacked on instinct and reflex, however, he wasn't quick enough. "You're still slow, Deidara." the mysterious male teased with a grin, blocking the blonde's kunai with their katana. Their face was hidden and the only facial feature he could see were the eyes. Pitch black eyes locking eye contact with him, seeing far into his soul. Deidara tensed, he hadn't felt this sensation in a long time. The feeling of dread and familiarity. The voice.... Where had he heard of it before? He couldn't remember. It seemed so distant to him.

Deidara scowled at the Shinobi in front of him. No mistake the person before him is a Shinobi, even so a missing-nin. From what village he does not know for the person was completely hooded, only their eyes and hands were visible, the rest were covered in clothing. "What do you want, hn." he demanded, already in a defensive stance as he backed away for space. The only response he received was a hysteric cackling with a look of insanity.

"You're not meant to be here, Deidara-kun. Did you get lost?" they cooed, an outline of a grin visible through the half-faced mask they wore.

- A/N: I added this "mission" scene as an extra since Deidara didn't get much screen time in the anime, and just to make some things get a little interesting. I hope you don't mind.