Chapter: 3

A GOOD SAMARITAN

The sand had been burnished into a long winding sheet of copper and the horizon is threaded with a thin line of silver streaks.

As the sun bows down further. The last few lances of light are cast down in a holy line of laser fire and it is over. The night is here and the sky looks like a black velvet ceiling sprinkled with dream dust.

The cold breeze blew right through Alexandra's dress as she laid stupefied on the edge of the pathway. The dampness of the sand was making its way through her half bare legs, while her hair fell loose on her face,tousled and tangled.

her body reflected with the truck headlights that pulled off right in front of her parking, as the old man known as Josh McGregor was in his truck waiting for the radiator to cool down before he put in some fresh fluid from the trunk.

Dropping down the fluid container when his watery eyes traced all the way to a lifeless laying body. His feet trembled as he walked towards her and bent to check up on her. Patting on her cold numb cheeks to bring her back to consciousness.

His failed attempts compelled him to slowly lift Alex up, holding her hand and placing it over his weak shoulders. pulling her all the way over to his truck. Calmly pinning her and opening the door as he finally manages to put her in the truck and takes off.

Old Music playing in the background as Josh was driving back home. Staring at Alex hoping that she gains back her consciousness when he suddenly lost himself drowning in deep thoughts.

"Who could have left her abandoned on the streets in an unconscious state? Poor soul looks drained out and must be hungry as well."

A sudden thundering noise echoed through the darkness, the cacophonous sound of colliding plastic, bending steel, and screeching tire made him realize that he just got knocked by the car from the opposite side.

His heart almost stopped beating, while his eyes stared in disbelief. Wild in fear as his stomach turned to ice. Opening the door and hopping out of his truck, legs trembling as took his steps closer to the knocked car.

"I... I... I'm very sorry about the accident" said Josh walking towards the man.

"what were you thinking about while driving, that you ignored to see my car? " replied the man in a base fierce voice.

Thin layer of sweat running down from his wrinkled face as his heart pounded heavily feeling his warm weak hands turn to icy cold making them stiff while he tries to justify himself.

"i..i.. Didn't intend to knock your car young man. I have a half dead looking girl in my truck, found her passed out on the cold ground on my way to the village." stammered Josh.

"Arthur, I'm Arthur DeMarcos. Owner of the Marcosis company." Arthur introduced himself to Josh feeling guilty about his harsh behavior towards an old man who could barely stand straight.

Although it was entirely Josh's fault for the incident that took place, but as Arthur glanced at Josh and his innocent face, sent some emotional vibes that calmed his anger getting him more into concern about Alex.

"pleasure knowing you sir, I'm Josh."
As he replied in a relaxed calm voice.

"I am sorry about my response towards you earlier, I was fumed in anger ignoring your fears and emotions. I would like to see her if you don't mind in case if medical attention is needed" requested Arthur while moving towards the truck.

Standing at the side of Josh's truck, popping his head in from the window checking on Alex. Her eyes looked swollen, dried lips with blisters and fresh bruises appeared on her cheekbones, Scruffy hair as she looked worn out.

"seems like a victim of domestic violence." said Arthur "immediate action should be taken upon" as he stepped away heading towards his car.

"yes sir. "
"well then, I'll see you at the hospital. I need to rush for a meeting. "

As they both got into their damaged vehicles and took off.