Chapter:5

TOUGH DECISIONS

Arthur's pov:

The thought of how beautiful she looked struck me hard despite the scars that were visibly portrayed on her rosy cheekbones. Switching on the engine of my car as I drove my way to the office for the meeting.

For the first time in my entire life had I met such an eye catching attractive girl. Her sweet melodious voice kept on replaying in my head and the thought of her hand in mine cracked fireworks in my stomach.

"focus Arthur, you have to be alert." I whispered to myself as I parked my car giving a final look to the side mirror perfecting my hair and walking towards the elevator.

"morning sir, here are some of the company files that you requested for." taking the files from my secretary's hands as I headed towards my cabin.

"morning to you too Samantha. Is everyone present at the conference room?"

"yes sir, except for Mr Paul."

"well then I'll proceed with the meeting. Direct him over once he arrives. No signing of the documents will take place in his absence."

"sure sir." replied Samantha as I walked past her and got into the conference room. I hope Samantha has handed over the correct files. Any mistake will cost an arm and a leg to this company. I thought to myself.

Merging companies with my stepbrother was one of the toughest decisions, which I had always been against of. Taking over the company after my father's death wasn't easy for me.

I couldn't afford to incur any kind of loss. Dad had progressed for the past 15years in the business industry. Everything seemed to have been going wrong right from my mother's second marriage to merging the company.

The only reason as to why am doing this is to get enough comprehension to run this company back to into the doors of success. I'm sorry dad for taking this step, but I promise we will rise to shine. Quickly barging out of my deep thoughts as I lay down my rules and regulations.

"After having thought for quite some time, I have come to an agreement of merging this company with Arshlies. But before that, I've kept forth some of my conditions which will be signed along with the contract."

"How is that possible. No added conditions will be accepted." responded Simon in an acrimonious harsh tone as he dug his fists on the Table with a loud bang, pushing away the chair behind him. venom spewed from his lips as he cursed belligerently.

"Simon! This process of two companies merging was never acceptable to me. You should be glad, I heeded mom and took her words into consideration." holding my hand into a firm fist feeling the urge of punching his tanned face.

"Excuse me sir, Mr Paul has arrived." whispered Samantha as she showed him his way in.

"Welcome Mr Paul. We were waiting for your arrival."

"Thank you Mr Arthur."

"As I was earlier telling my brother Mr Simon, I will not sign the documents if my conditions aren't put forth.

"well, this merging includes two companies coming to an agreement before signing for the final procedures." murmured Mr Paul who was our lawyer for the past 15years.

"I don't Agree with Arthur. No added documentation will be accepted."

"well then, neither am I going to proceed without my demands taken into consideration." I responded with an angry frown creased on forehead.
A wave of futile rage swept over. Seething with anger, as I approached the door menacingly, shutting it behind me as I walked back to my cabin.

~calling mom~

"I'm sorry mom, I guess the merging of the company will never take place."

"Arthur,you do realize what you're getting into. This company is on the verge of sinking."

"i very well know our current situation. I'll figure a way out."

"stop being stubborn and listen to me for once."

"Excuse me sir, you have a call from Mr Josh." whispered Samantha

"Bye mom, we will talk about this over dinner."

"Samantha, kindly transfer the call."

"right away sir,"

Feeling depressed as I ended my call with Josh. Memories of my dad struck me as my head felt heavy leaving droplets of tears flowing. I felt helpless regretting and cursing every second of my life.

"enough dad! Can we talk about something else. Your business talk bore me."

"Arthur, pay attention to what I say. You will need this in the near future."

Flashbacks from the past broke my heart into tiny little pieces, only if I had obeyed my dad back then. All this problems would have been easy to tackle.

Please don't forget to vote and share