Chapter: 7

TRAUMA

A harsh half-shifted yell snorted out of my dry sore throat. Every jostle sent ripples of pain through my entire shoulders,back and neck pain. Sheeted through my face with a terrible intensity, as my cheeks wore a purple-yellow smear of bruises.

Grunted as I shifted trying to adjust my position on the bed and I felt fresh pain sear across my stomach. Swallowing the pain, as I kicked my way slowly to the surface straining to stand up to the pain.

The sound of a door swinging open caused me to leap. A warm burst of air greeted Arthur, as silence was the only thing he met when he opened the door. An earthly scent swirled around him, approaching closer to the beeping monitor.

"Everything seems to be perfect according to the reading on the monitor." He suggested, directly looking into my eyes without a blink. My heart throbbed louder, hot gushes of air seemed to rise within, heading towards my ears.

I sucked in a shaky breath, feeling my throat constrict. Panic rose like bile in my body. I sat blankly starting at Arthur before me. My palms were clammy and all I could do was knot my fingers together.

"Hello Arthur." I managed as words rolled out of my mouth like tumbleweed.

"I doubt if you will need to stay any longer at the hospital." Suggested Arthur.

"I need to leave as soon as I can." Turning towards the other side of the bed.

"Where do you live and why were you lying unconscious on the highway??"

I tried swallowing my tears as I felt a lump in my throat. Words seemed to choke on me, lowering my gaze staring at the white tiles with blue edges beneath my feet as I hold on to the bedside digging my nails into a tight knot.

How could I trust a stranger i met with overnight. Sharing my person details regarding the incident that took place seemed inappropriate, keeping in mind that the only shelter I had was snatched away from me.

I was drowning in my own thoughts, when a sudden touch on my shoulder brought me back to reality.

"Are you okay?"  Asked Arthur.

My sadness was like a hollow. I couldn't tell what was worse, holding in a thousand oceans of tears or the thought of a thousand pieces of glass that are wedged in between my soul and body.

"Yes, I am fine thank you." I replied as tears flowed through my eyes. That was it, I couldn't take it in any longer, my heart felt like a heavy sack of stones.

"You can trust me Alex, what is it that's bothering you?"

I hesitated before spilling the beans. "I have no where to go. They killed my Anny!!!." As I screeched out loudly, running my fingers through my hair, grabbing some of the strands in my palms before forming it into a tight fist.

"They took everything away from me!! My parents! My father's property!! And my Anny!!." Sobbing as Arthur sat besides me holding onto my shoulder caressing it.

Paying no heed to who he was and where he came from. All I knew was I have no one of my own. I never wanted to be a burden on anyone. Feeling empty from the inside. Completely shattered and broken like a crystal ball. My life lost its meaning.

"Why did you save me!!!? You should have left me die." As I pulled out the IV line throwing it away. Sudden urge of destroying everything hit my emotions, making my way lifting whatever got into my hands and throwing it hard.

"Alex! Calm down!." Screamed Arthur as he held my arms pinning me to the wall.

"Let go of Me!" Kicking my legs Aimlessly as I continued getting hyper.

"Emergency!! Doctor! Please help." Screamed Arthur.

Door opened leaving a loud bang as the Doctor and his assistant walked in immediately preparing for an injection. Eyes filled with rage as they carried me placing my furious wild body on the bed and injecting me as my skin felt a pierce and sharp pain of needle sliding in.

Never had a few moments. Deliberation seemed like an eternity as I felt my consciousness ebbing away. My eyes growing heavy from the strenuous effect of excessive agitation of medicine.

I was struck with incoherence on inconsistency to my thoughts as my vision blurred. Voices in the background slowly fades away and everything turning into darkness.