Chapter 5: Cat Got Your Tounge?

You lay on your F/C bed sheets, a pre-dialed number pressed into your phone. Your hands shake as your thumb hovers over the 'dial' button. Your feel a knot in your stomach, making you feel sick. You shake your head, laying the phone back onto your nightstand. It would be better to tell them tomorrow, in school.

^^^^

The next morning is normal, as it should be. You step out of your Mom's car, happy that today was Friday. You knew you needed this break, for the better of everyone. You E/C eyes travel around the courtyard of Phoenix Drop High, but not mindlessly, this time you were looking for someone in particular.

You see him, your boyfriend, Zane. He's standing there, clueless to the internal conflict buzzing in your mind. His blue eyes shimmer, and for a second, you're unaware of anything else. 

But reality snaps at you, and you're brought back into your own head. You walk over towards him, naturally, so you wouldn't upset him with your attitude.

You give him a friendly nudge, but he doesn't notice you. You feel your heart sink, he was distant, more so than normal.

You stand there, right behind him, hoping that he'll turn around. Shouldn't he have smelled your scent, or recognized your touch? Maybe that was just in the movies, and maybe you were just overreacting towards this whole situation.

Finally, he notices you, and his eyes stare into yours.

"Y/N, hey, it seems like forever since we've talked."

Silently, you agree. It had been forever, and you missed being able to talk to him everyday.

"Yeah, I kind of wanted to talk to you about that."

"Oh?" He questions, blue eyes a bit more serious than before.

You nod, "Zane, before you speak, just listen."

Surprisingly, he nods, and you continue on.

"Zane, this is hard to say, but have you been seeing Kawaii~Chan?"

Zane face heats up, and his eyes lose contact with yours at the mention of her name.

Nervously, he starts, "Y/N why would you-"

"Yes or no," you shout, jealousy in your vains.

His eyes dart around, finally meeting yours again. But you reject his sympathetic glance, and instead look down at your shoes.

He sighs, "Now it's your turn to listen, Y/N."

"Please, just tell the truth," you whine.

He nods, "I will."

Zane takes one last breath, and then begins to finally speak.

"Y/N, I'm tutoring Kawaii~Chan. I worked with her over the summer, and I suppose you could consider us as friends. But, on the second day of school, she told me how much she...well...loved me."

You interrupt him, "I knew it," you whisper.

"No, no! Nothing happened, in fact, she said she didn't want anything to happen as she knew how much it would hurt you. All she did was tell me she liked me, that's all, I wouldn't hurt you despite what I act like."

You nod, his words only somewhat reassuring you. Even if nothing happened between the two, there still was the letter. You wanted to tell him, but you couldn't. It wasn't the right time for that, you had to first rebuild the faith that you once had in him.

If you weren't going to ask Zane about the letter, there was only one person left. Despite how much you didn't want to ask her, you knew you had to, you had to ask Kawaii~Chan.

Author's Note: So, I think I was originally supposed to put this on the every 2 days an update schedule, but I'm considering doing the every other day update like I did today. What do you guys prefer/think? Feel free to comment! And, as always, thank you for reading and supporting to me for all this time!- Kayla/Author