Chapter 12: The Verdict

As he did the first time, Zane's eyes scan letter in front of him. You see his eyebrows furrow, and he seems a bit annoyed by the material in front of him. 

After a brief minute, he drops it, heaving a long sigh. 

"Alright, hear me out," he softly says. 

You nod, curious of what he thought. If you knew anything about him, you knew he had good instinct. Or, good knowledge of jerks in your school. 

"So, this letter really, ticks me off to put it nicely. Sadly, though, I can't really put a finger on who would do this. It's not someone I pay attention to, that's for sure."

Disappointed, you shrug. "Don't you have any ideas?" 

Zane shakes his head, "Of course I do! But, I can't just make assumptions, you saw how that went." 

"Shut up," you say, as he laughs at your annoyed tone. 

Serious again, he looks you in the eye. "Listen, though. I don't think this is really a big deal, probably just someone trying to scare you. I'd doubt they'll really pull anything." 

You sigh, realizing he had a point. You were still worried though, especially in the case that they would follow through with their word. You didn't want to get hurt, but you also didn't want Zane to get hurt, although he could easily fend for himself. 

Instead of speaking your concern, however, you just decide to go along with him. He was probably right anyways, and you would still keep your eye out for anyone seemingly suspicious. 

You two sit there, quiet, until Zane speaks up again. 

"Well, I guess while we're out we can call it a date?"

You laugh, "It's about time!" 

He smiles, and grabs your hand. Together, you head out of the cafe, and begin to stroll mindlessly down the street. 

He swings your arm back, and forth, and smiles at you. "Where to," he proposes. 

You shrug, laughing foolishly. "It's up to you, I guess." 

He smirks, pulling you in a direction. "I know a spot, then."

Zane leads you to a small park, and you and him take seats on the small swingset. They squeak as you spin, and the chains you hold are dated with rust, but you wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 

Casually, he looks at you. His blue eyes sparkle in the faint moonlight, as you stare into each other's pupils. 

"I-I missed hanging out with you, Y/N," he stutters. 

You feel yourself blush, and small, shy smile appearing on your lips. "I missed it too." 

He cups his hand around your cheek, the blush spreading across your nose. "I know this isn't like me, but, let's not be separate anymore, ok?"

You nod, as you slowly inch your face closer to his. You feel his breath, and the chill air hit you at the same time. 

And then, as if it's magic, your lips meet, interlocking in a sweet kiss. 

Yeah, it was good to be back.

Author's Note: WHAT IS MY ENDING. WHAT IS MY DESCRIPTION. I'M RETIRING AND TURNING MY ACCOUNT INTO A SUPER WHY FAN ACCOUNT. I'm just kidding, but shoutout if you remember that show because it was boss. Anyways, enjoy my terrible romance, heh. But really, hope you guys did enjoy this chapter, and are of course enjoying this book. Andddd, until Saturday, peace. -Kayla/Author