Chapter 16: Asking the Emo Kid...Again.

Monday, it always sucked. But this particular Monday, you knew, would suck even more than usual. Despite your will not to, you were going to ask Zane to help you help Gene

Even thinking about it made you shudder. You knew that once his plan failed, you should have turned around. Said that was the end, and let it be. But no, you stayed aboard his crazy mission, pledging to get Zane on board as well. 

And here you were, supposed to do just that today. It wasn't going to work, and you weren't sure what you were thinking, saying you could, or would. Zane was stubborn as it was, and he definitely wasn't going to even consider the idea once Gene was mentioned. You knew it would result in backlash, his childish temper setting off like a firecracker. 

You take a shaky breath, and head outside. Your mom was waiting in the same F/C car she has had  since you moved here, and for once the sight wasn't comforting. It made you feel even more sick, knowing and remembering everything you'd felt in those backseats, going to and from school. Those were the seats you where you had vowed, sworn that you would always hate Gene, and now here you were, trying to get your own boyfriend to go along with his silly scheme. 

>>>>>

You pull up the school like you normally do, and outfront in the usual spot too. But, as you step out, you don't feel normal. You feel nervous, terrified even and was dreading what you were about to do. You just hope Zane would understand, or at least forgive you afterwards. 

Last night you had texted him, telling him you wanted to meet before the first bell in the courtyard, a place where some of your most memorable conversations took place. You didn't tell him why, but he still agreed, probably assuming it would only be a casual conversation. \

Now, there you stand, looking around for a sign of the lean, shadowy figure that was Zane. You spot him in the corner, which didn't come as a surprise. Even after 2 years, he was still as introverted as ever. 

You walk over to him, casually, as you would any other normal day. 

"Hey, Zane," you call, plastering a grin onto your face. 

He nods, "Hey, you look cute."

You blush, feeling a bit flustered at his compliment. But, you hide it, and instead giggle. 

"Ha, thanks."

He nods again, "So, why did you to meet here today?"

This time, you nod, feeling a deep sense of dread as your remember just why you're here. 

"Oh, right. Well, I have this kind of crazy proposal, but please, hear me out before you jump to a conclusion."

He looks taken aback for a minute, but so replaces it with a brisk shrug. "Alright."

You sigh, taking one last look around as you prepare to utter out the dreaded words. 

"Zane, I need you to help me clear Gene's name."

Author's Note: Hey guys! Quick A/N's tonight, but I really only want to apologize for not updating last week. I can fully take the blame, as my own laziness got in the way of me uploading, and again, I'm sorry. But, we're back, and I hope to stay back on schedule and not make these delays a habit. Also, if you celebrate it, Happy Easter! Whenever you celebrate it, I hope it's a wonderful day. That's all for now, so, see you next week. -Kayla/Author