CHAPTER IV: ANGEL DOWN

"Doesn't everyone belong 
In the arms of the sacred
Why do we pretend we're wrong? 
Has our young courage faded?" – Lady Gaga, Angel Down

There's something about the encounter I had with Slate...

That makes me cautious of everything. After the man has dropped me off in a town I barely, barely know, I have no idea of where to go. I look around me, and the people are just giving me looks. Of course I'm barefooted, and they are looking at me like I'm a peasant. Though my clothes, thanks to the demon who has basically fooled me, seem brand new. I have this urge to take the clothes off of me, rip it off me like it's a poison to my skin, but there's nothing really I can. I don't want to be naked, with a lot of people can see my junk and I'm sure that it's illegal in the mortal world. I can get jailed for that.

Something inside me clicks; the demon, Slate, knows me. He knows my angel name; it rolled off his tongue like a soft cotton ball, dripping at the tip of his tongue and I shudder. There's a mirror in front of me, and a glittering sign of a coffee shop shines in a fading manner. You can barely see it since the sky is as bright as my mother's wisdom.

I miss my mother, and my father, and everyone in the castle.

Despite what my father has given me as a punishment, I kind of deserve it. I mean, I understand my father, I really do, it's just that sometimes, especially if you're a kid, there are things that you don't understand, especially your parents' decision for you. Sometimes you don't think it's best for you what your parents' have decided for you, and it makes us feel awful for ourselves, and sometimes it makes us hate our parents. But I could never hate my parents. I love them to the moon and back.

"Get off my way, bitch," someone sneers at me as a bulky man pushes me away and I look at him in shock. I want to call Sariel, the angel of guidance, and ask him to guide the man who pushed me rudely. And he said a nasty thing to me! I know that I should ignore that, but I haven't been called a bitch in my life. Never. And the fact that I've been called a bitch is something that pains me. The man has a brown hair, cropped, and he has a lot of tattoos in his arms that make me cringe. Tattoos, I know that it has meaning for some of the mortal people, but the thought of inking my skin with symbolisms and such will not bring me good luck. It will probably not look good on me.

Many of mortal humans are corrupted, my mother had said to me as she pushed my locks backward, smiling up at me brightly; we were on the long couch, I was seven years old at that time, inside my bedroom and my mother had come inside my room to clean my room out and once she's done, she talked to me about demons and angels, but we still help them out because we love them. The forces of evil keep getting stronger and stronger, but we must fight back. We swore to the God that we will be his warriors to keep the humans from sins that the demons keep bringing. We must stop them. Humans can be corrupted easily. They want things in life, and you can fool – sorry for the word, forgive me oh Holy God – them that with what they desire most. That's why we're here. We're here to help them, to fight the titans of evil, even the little ones.

Despite that, I close my eyes and pray, my mind suddenly flashing the angelic face of Zadkiel, the angel of prayer. I hope Zadkiel hears my prayer, and deliver it to my parents. Now that I'm a mortal, I'm in a great danger. The demons are freely roaming the Earth, and I've said that before, and the fact that Slate has known me even if I look very mortal to him says something: I'm not safe here on Earth. Through prayer, I tell Zadkiel that I need a lot of guidance and help I can get from the Heaven.