CHAPTER XXXIX: CONVINCING HIM - PART I

"Everyday a heartache
I'm just tryin' to keep it sane
But I know you believe me
Baby don't you leave me."
- Lady Gaga feat. Florence, Hey Girl

As the sun rises, when I first open my eyes, the first thing that I feel is the pain at my bottom. Images of what happened last night between us immediately fill my head, and I blush. Who would have thought that I would be having sex with someone, much less to a demon? I have always thought and expected that I would always remain pure and untouched, but last night happened, and sadly, I can't revert it back.

In our world, virginity is a sacred thing, and that's what the humans acquired from us. But as the time went by, as every era passes by, virginity is not really a big of a deal to humans now. But for us, ever since we have been created and blessed, it has always been a sacred thing. Losing your virginity to someone means you're bound to be with him or her forever. We are free to choose whom we want to spend our lives with, and that will be all that matters. To have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, you're bound to each other for eternity, and nothing could ever break it.

Now that last night happened, I wonder if I'm bound to be with Slate forever. I wonder if I could now have and hold him, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish. The thing is, does he want the same thing? Because I do want to be with him.

I know for a fact that he's a demon, and demons do crazy things; they are manipulative, cunning, and dangerous. They tell lies; they do sins; they spread sins; they influence mortals to make sins, to do what's wrong, and I understand those because it's natural for them to do so, but it's just I have a lot of expectation towards him.

If he's going to keep continue doing his old ways, then it might not be good for me to stay, or to be with him at all. His beliefs are different from mine, and while we like each other, I guess it isn't enough to change either one of us.

The statements hurts, even I know for a fact that we still have a long way to go, but knowing that that might happen soon, it hurts. One of these days, everything could change. Everything that I'm experiencing right now, everything that what's happening right now, what I feel for him, what he feels for me, I'm afraid that it will all fade away so soon. I'm afraid that one day, he might meet someone better than me, better than what I could ever be, better at everything. And then he's going to dump me, and I'm going to have my heart broken. It's just so sad to think about it, especially since we have shared a very special moment. Could I change for him? Could he change for me?

Soon, I feel a hand massaging my thigh, which makes me blush, knowing the hand belongs to the special someone that has taken my virginity last night. His eyes are squinted, but they are open enough to let me see his beautiful and mesmerizing eyes. He smiles at me, causing my heart to stop beating for a while.

"Good morning," he croaks as his hand travels up to my sides, his thumb running circles on my stomach. He has a bed hair, and it's really good on him. It makes him sexier and hotter than ever. Plus, the way his voice sounds, it's just luring me to him. "How was your sleep?"

"Better than ever," I say truthfully. There's no point in lying because last night, I've had the best sleep of my life. It's better than the last sleeps I've had when I was living in Heaven, in my room. Plus, I don't really tell lies. "Best sleep that I've ever had in my whole life. Cannot be compared." It sounds cheesy to say, but it's the truth. I can't exactly describe or explain why it's the best sleep, but knowing that after what happened last night, what occurred between us, what we have shared with each other, that he slept beside me, it's enough explanation, I guess.