CHAPTER XXII: DOOM

CHAPTER XXII: DOOM

"There's no exit|
We're in Jean-Paul Sartre
Hope you don't think
My obsession is awkward."
- Zedd ft. Lady Gaga, Stache

FORNEUS "SLATE" FURTUR

The moment Dantalion's name rolls off his mouth like a sweet meatball has me freezing. I stare at him, completely frozen, but the moment I realize - the moment my head processed the name – that someone has said his name, and not just someone, Hadraniel is my freaking angel, is enough to make my blood boil with anger. My blank stare turns into a heated glare, and from the looks of it, Adrian stops what he's saying – I didn't even realize that he was speaking – when the named escaped his lips, everything had been muted, until now.

Adrian tries to say something – he looks panicky; his whole body is trembling, and the way he stares at me, they are full of terror. Adrian is scared of me. He better be. "What the fuck Dantalion has got to do with this? Are you fucking with him? Do you like him? Do you fucking like him, you filthy angel?" My demonic side is surfacing, emerging from within, and I know I'm just a few seconds away from transforming into my truest form – the demon form. "I will make sure you will forget that fucking name." If something, or someone, is mine, it will remain mine. The last thing I want to happen – scratch that, what I don't want to happen – is me sharing my possessions to anyone. I'm not a nice demon; I have never been a nice demon. What's mine is always mine and will always be mine. It will only be mine. Adrian is mine and will only be mine.

The angel, no a human, in front of me has a shocked expression plastered across his beautiful features. Yet there's also confusion etched on his face – it has me wanting to pin him down and kiss him till he loses his breath, till he stops functioning at all. In a second, I have him pinned on the bed, shocked still drawn on his cute and very angelic face. I raise my arm up, fingers caressing his flushed cheeks.

"You are mine, Hadraniel," I growl low in my throat, leaning down and capturing his lips while my hands begin to roam every part of his body. He's hot and bothered – I'm a demon, so I'm familiar with the actions already. I have been seeing that, feeling that actions, since I became aware of everything. The lust, it's there, surfacing, swimming in his mesmerizing and pretty eyes. Yet there's also that fear. But the moment my lips land on his, he moans against the kiss and I smirk internally to myself. There's this need to possess him, to dominate him until he begs me to stop, or hopefully, to continue further. When I look into his wide eyes, I see the fear, hesitation, and lust there, mixing into one, swirling around the orbs. I want to make him feel good, to mark him as mine.

If a demon marks someone, a person or a demon or whatever entity it is, that thing will always be theirs forever. And I want that already to happen. I want to mark Hadraniel as mine for the purpose of letting everyone that he's mine and nobody should attempt to make a move on him. That will serve Dantalion right. The moment I saw Adrian inside his house, I already knew that he's interested on Adrian as much as me. Demons have been lusting for humans ever since, and it's no surprise to me that Dantalion, or Maki in the mortal world, is interested at my Adrian. If I mark Adrian now, there will be a searing pain, and I'm not sure if that would be a good idea, considering that he's not prepared. I'm pretty he doesn't want also to be marked. He's an angel. But then again, I have the utter control here – I can do whatever I like and want. His protests would mean nothing to me, and he'd forever loathe me. What's new? Angels have been loathing demons, and demons have always been hating angels. But... I'm not really sure if I want Adrian to hate me.