CHAPTER XLVII: THE WAR - PART I

CHAPTER XLVII: THE WAR – PART I

It has been three days since that happened. Slate has been awfully clingy. He keeps glancing at me, shooting me looks that I can now comprehend. That started when we slept together. After our making love session, he put much effort into taking care of me. He's always around me (well, he is always around me, but this time, it's like he never wants to leave by my side again). When someone goes near me, he would sneer and scoff, roll his eyes, and shoot heated glares. Of course Leandre noticed and told me that he's probably PMSing. When I asked him what PMSing really means, he told me to search it on Google. I just rolled my eyes at him, wanting to give him the bird. But I figured that was inappropriate and uncalled for. I knew it was going to be a bitchy move so I stopped myself before I offend him.

Slate is acting really weird though. Everyone has noticed, but I keep telling to myself that he hasn't really. He's acting the way he's supposed to act; he does things the way he likes. So there's nothing really wrong with that. I keep checking what has changed, and why he's acting weird but I can't think of any reason. Well, I had one theory that went into the trash bin immediately after that thought occur inside my head. A demon is living in the home of the werewolves. It couldn't be the reason though. Plus, Leandre has been living with them for, like, forever but he hasn't really changed nor is he acting weird. He's still the same Leandre that I grew up with, my servant, my best friend. Though sometimes he's being a pain in the ass, he's still cool.

"Okay, it's time for us to talk," I say as I finally catch to him. Did I tell you that he has been avoiding me as well? He's been around me, but at the same time, he's been practically ignoring me. "You're acting really weird. Did I do something wrong?"

"What? Of course not!" Slate becomes defensive, frowning as he crosses his arms across his chest. I purse my lips. I don't really know what to say after that so I guess shutting up would be the best choice to do. He sighs and scratches the back of his head. "You didn't do something wrong."

"Then why... why are you ignoring me?" I ask below a whisper I doubt he heard it.

To be honest, I'm scared to know what his answers would be. Somehow, I think that I did something wrong that he didn't like that's why he's acting all weird. I keep thinking back to the time we had sex to the present day. When we were making love, everything was perfect. It felt so good and we were having a good time. I poured my emotions there, all of it, bared myself raw, and he did the same, too. So why is this all happening? Having no clue what triggered Slate's action destroys me, bit by bit. It's making me crazy.

Placing his palm on my right cheek, I lean it and savor his affection to me. "It's not that I'm ignoring you, Adrian," I flinch when he calls me by my name. It's unlikely of him to call me that even though he has been calling me love. "See, when we were having sex, I... I might have done something... without your consent."

"What? I don't understand."

He sighs again. "I accidentally began the process of marking," Slate bites his bottom lip and I find that so sexy and hot. "Demon marking. A part of you is already carrying a demon blood. And I fucked up."

"Huh?"

"Demon marking. I told you about that before," he continues and shuts his eyes. I can see his muscles tensed, and he starts clicking his tongue. "Shit, I wanted to do it so bad, so fucking bad."

"Then why don't you do it?"

"You don't really get it, do you?" Slate turns around and runs a hand across his face, frustrated that I'm not getting what he wanted me to get. For a moment, I see how angry he is but then his face goes black and he shuts his eyes. "If I do the demon marking, I would... you would turn into a demon, Adrian. And I don't fucking want that."