CHAPTER XVIII: REBELLIOUS MORTAL - PART 2

CHAPTER XVIII: REBELLIOUS MORTAL – PART 2

"I wish I could dance on a single prayer
I wish I could be strong without somebody there
I wish I could be strong with the 
scheiße."
- Lady Gaga, S
cheiße.

I look like a fool here.

I have been praying and praying around the unit, doing it for hours now. If Slate's getting pissed, he would have come home already to yell and tell me to stop it. But he isn't. In fact, I'm the one that is getting pissed. He hasn't come home yesterday, and it seems like he won't come home today.

I have to go. Don't wait for me. Just do your stuff. Free to roam around the city. I remember him saying those to me. The thing is, I really want to roam around the city, but I don't want to get lost and I prefer Slate to be my tour guide since I think he really knows the city.

Sighing out loud, I decide that I'm going out in the city all alone, by myself. I don't want to spend my time in this unit being alone and bored. One way or another, I'm going to find something that will interest me for today and that will keep me company. It's better to go outside than to do nothing here since I already know that Slate will not come home yet. So I strip off my clothes, the ones that he purchased for me, and step into the shower.

It takes 15 minutes for me to shower and by the time I'm already dressed – I'm wearing a grey button-up shirt, ripped jeans that I thought wouldn't look good on me but it does, and black rubber shoes. My hair is sticking up in every direction and I decide to only comb it with my fingers. Once done, I pray a little, sending a message above to guide me while I'm roaming around the city. Since I'm already a mortal, I'm vulnerable to demonic influence. I step out of my room and grab the keys of the unit, hanging by the back of the door. I make sure to lock the door before stepping out and heading straight to the elevator. I press UG and the elevator dings, opening the metal door widely for me. Once we reach the Upper Ground, I head out to the lobby and three girls look at me oddly; they are sitting on the couch by the lounge, and I ignore them and head outside of the building.

The moment I step outside, the wind brushes past me, cooling my skin, making it tingle and I hug myself before walking across the street along with the mortals. I hear someone, since the window of his car is rolled down, muttering about being stuck in the traffic as he continues to push aggressively the center of the steering wheel. I ignore the man, who looks in his early 30s, and continue to walk along with the mortals. I'm not really sure where to go. As far as possible, I want to be on track – I don't want to turn left or right because if I do that a lot, then I'm pretty I'll be lost in no time.

When I turn around, the three girls that I saw sitting by the lounge are now looking at me, their eyes are completely black and I feel a shiver run down my spine. From the corner of my eyes, I see claws appearing out of their fingers and that's when I turn to run.

Dodging and pushing the mortals out of my way, I receive curses and incoherent words as I continue to run and push them, the three unknown creatures – they don't look like a demon but rather their minions. As I run and look over my shoulder to find them hot on my trails, I realize that while they look demonic in my perspective, in the eyes of a real mortal they just look like three normal little girls running after me. I refuse to scream for help because I know no mortals will help me – they will just look at me as if I've lost my mind and once the three girls reach me, they would drag me to an isolated alley and they will kill me there. And I don't want to die. So I run faster, shocking myself.

So I keep running, praying and praying, but this time I'm not praying for my parents to help me, I'm praying for Slate to come and save just like he always does. But to no avail, after praying for several minutes, Slate hasn't come. Don't wait for me. Of course he's not going to come. In fact I think he's the one who sent these minions after me.