CHAPTER XXXVI: THE CURE

"Be your best friend
Yeah I'll love you forever
Up in the clouds
We'll be higher than ever."
- Lady Gaga, So Happy I Could Die

FORNEUS "SLATE" FURTUR

There's a lot of kissing here and there. There's a kiss whenever I do this, or he does that. Which I think is pretty sweet. It's like a requirement for us to get through with whatever we're doing.

When he woke up this morning, he was wearing an agitated and scared look on his face, then he looked at me with fears in his eyes that I couldn't comprehend in the first place. But after staring at me for a couple of minutes, he finally woke up and hugged me tight. To be honest, it really bugs me, for some reason, on what he dreamed. I want to know what he dreamed of.

The last time I checked his temperature, he was still hot but earlier this morning, when I checked it again, the hot temperature had dropped down. He slept really good last night, which must have been the reason why he's feeling well. Though the there's a voice screaming at the back of my head, saying that I was the reason why he slept good, because I was with him last night, lying down beside him.

Putting the back of my hand across his forehead, he still feels warm, but not the as hot as he was yesterday. I must have been a good caretaker, too, because I've been taking care of him since I got here yesterday after the stupid gathering of the demons in Hell.

"Okay, so, your temperature is still above normal," I state, giving him a glass of water. We're situated in the kitchen. He's watching me make a lunch – I could have ordered McDonald's or Wendy's or a Chinese food, but I figured that a soup will make Adrian feel better. "But you're getting fine now. In a couple of hours, I'm expecting that your temperature will lower than it is right now."

"That's a good news," but he seems disappointed. "I feel myself getting better."

Smirking, I take a seat beside him, wrap my arms around him, and give him a kiss on the cheek, which makes him blush. "Oh come on. Don't be disappointed. Once you get better, I'll still be taking care of you." Then I throw him a wink, kissing him on the edge of his lips. Hadraniel lets out a groan. I turn his face slightly to the side, then I plant a kiss on his lips, which makes him throw his arms around my neck and deepens the kiss. "Better than the medicines, eh?" I ask him once I pull away from the breathless kiss we just shared.

The kissing always takes our breath away. It's great, beyond amazing. I can't even tell how much happiness I feel when I kiss him. It's like I could finally die and rest in peace whenever my lips land on his.

"Yeah, I think it is," he mumbles as he fixes himself on the couch, finding a more comfortable position.

I watch him, taking in all the details of him. I want to remember him, want every part of him to be embedded in my head. It sounds cheesy and crazy, but I don't give a flying fuck. I'm into him, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Suddenly, Dantalion's story rings in my ears, sparking a fear in my heart that I strongly wish would not happen. What happened with Dantalion was a tragic story – I can't think of myself being in the situation as him; much less Adrian being in a great danger because of me. I will do anything to prevent that from happening.

Demons are always complicated, but their loyalty always relies in our kind. As expected. But now, I'm beginning to question my loyalty and Dantalion's. I'm not really fond of the demons, despite of being one. So where does my loyalty belong? It couldn't be to Heaven because for one, I got kicked out and two, I don't like angels. With the exception of Adrian. Of course, he's my favorite angel. He is my angel. Perhaps my loyalty now belongs to Hadraniel.