CHAPTER XVI: HOLY FOOL

"I'm just a holy fool
Oh, baby, he's so cruel
But I'm still in love with Judas, baby."
- Lady Gaga, Judas

"You are mine,"

He says the words to me in a whisper, his lips hovering on my ear, a low growl in his throat that has me freezing. He said it slowly, as if he's threatening me. I don't know why his voice twists something inside me, in my stomach. He pulls his face slowly, his lips away now from my ear, and looks at me in the eyes; I stare back, can't help but to stare back in those evil yet beautiful eyes of his.

Surprisingly I feel calm, but my heart is still beating fast. His eyes remain focus on mine, and my eyes start to flicker between his eyes then to his lips. Realizing that my eyes keep lingering longer on his lips, I blush, starting to look away. His arm shoots forward, hand cupping my face and he keeps it still, forcing me to look at him. Then he starts to lean down; those sinful lips of him are tempting and full of sin and I feel my breath hitch. His lips set from thin line to a small curve upwards, slowly, and the way he smiles at me, as if he's planning something evil, makes my heart race even faster.

Slate leans down, pressing his bare chest against mine and when our skin makes contact, I feel it burn, making me gasp. It's a different kind of burn. It's triggering something inside me. He leans forward, the tip of his nose barely touching the most sensitive part of my neck; I moan out, which I try to suppress but to no avail.

"You smell good. Really good," he inhales my scent deeply. When he runs the tip of his nose across the sensitive spot of my neck, I almost lose it, almost throw my arms around his neck and force him to bury his face in the crook of my neck. But I fight myself from doing so.

This is wrong. This isn't supposed to happen. He's a demon. I'm an angel, who has been punished to be a human for who knows how long.

Despite the voice in my head, protesting, a different part of me wants to urge the demon more. I want to touch, to fist my hands in his dark brown hair. His brown eyes, almost black, are captivating and breathtaking. I feel like I could just stare at it all day and all night and I would never ever get bored of staring at those. My heart is slamming against my chest, beating faster and faster as Slate continues to inhale my scent.

The room gets warmer and warmer; my body keeps heating up as he presses himself more into me, leaning down until his soft and surprisingly warm lips make contact with my Adam's apple. I let out a gasp, feeling something travelling through my veins down to my groin. His hand roams all over my body, feeling me, his thumb now brushing, running circles around my abdomen. His touch is burning my skin in a good way. I feel light, dizzy, and fuzzy.

"Slate..." I hate the way my voice sounds; it sounds like I'm needy, like I'm asking for something. He looks up at me through his lashes as his tongue slides out of his mouth, the tip already teasing my skin in my neck. I flush, blushing harder.

He hovers back on top of me, his face inches away from mine, his breath fanning my face. I can't look away, can't move my face away. He pulls his hand, and slides the back of it across my check oh so gently, as if he's admiring me. His lips parted, making a silent invitation. I lean forward, desperately, breath hitching, heart racing, and then I lean back, realizing that he's a demon, who obviously tempting, making me commit a sin. I shake my head, pushing him hard, as much as I can. He falls back on the bed, glaring at me and I stand up, getting out of the room, never bothering to look at the magnificent view of the East River.

This is wrong. This is wrong. This is freaking wrong.

If an Angel commits a sin made by a demon, there will be consequences. I wouldn't want to know that. I head to the kitchen, grab an empty glass, tap the faucet, and fill up the glass until the water is spilling from the glass. I take a huge gulp, downing the glass of water in one go.