CHAPTER LII: REBORN

CHAPTER LII: REBORN
FORNEUS "SLATE" FURTUR

There are a million thoughts running inside my head as blood pools around my little angel, who threw himself just to save me, a worthless, son of a bitch demon. His head is resting on my lap, eyes shut softly and lips slightly parted. His face has been stained with tears, and yet he still looks stunning beautiful. I could just watch him, pretend that he's just asleep but reality keeps me in check, keeps hitting me right in the guy and it's telling me that what happened is real and not just a figment of my imagination – Adrian really risked his life for me.

His wings – one pair has turned to a color of ash just like mine, and the other one remains white – are drenched with his own blood, clinging into him and the more I stare at it, the more I want to puke. I never noticed that my wings are the same as his, and now that I'm paying attention to it, I feel something different, like I've regained my angelic powers before. Still, that doesn't ease the pain I'm feeling. It doesn't end the hurt. There's a rage boiling inside me, hatred and fear and anger, and I just want to crush the King's head and bring him to the real Hell and torture him there. The tears, there are tears running down my cheek, and my heart is beating painfully against my ribs, ringing in my ears.

Adrian's father, the King, is still staring at his son with wide shocked eyes. The Queen has her mouth agape, tears pouring out of her eyes as she sees her lifeless son. A demeanor a Queen supposed to have has been long gone. Her hair is a mess, her dress is a bit crumpled on the side due to being gripped tight. She is letting her emotions out, which is a vulnerable move, letting everyone how weak she is getting. But I guess it's supposed to be like that when you see your child dead. I remember when my parents looked at me like that, hopeless and sad. They couldn't do anything and were vanished, and now they are gone.

"Pick Hadraniel up," Jophiel orders his warriors, still in shock with what he did to his son. But I see no remorse. He's probably thinking that he's son was long dead, right when he knew that he was an ally of mine.

The warrior angels try to get near him and I bare my fangs at them, feeling a new otherworldly power just lying there, waiting for to be used. I feel it coursing through my veins, both angelic and demonic power, merging into one. Where does the power come from? I don't know, seriously, but all I know is that I have this and it's time to avenge my little angel.

"I dare you all, touch him, and you'll face consequences." I grit my teeth out, staring at each warrior nearing my angel. They stop for a moment before looking at their King, before moving forward hesitantly. "I double dog dare you, bitches; one more fucking move... one more..."

"Shut it, Forneus," The King tells me, his eyes glowing white as he points his index finger at me. His index finger is even glowing and it kind of reminds me the way my father, the rightful King of Heaven, used his power. But he didn't use it for violence. He used it for so much more but not violence. He was a better King. He's a better man. "You have no control over here. You have no power over here. Tell me, how can you defeat me, in this realm?" He spreads out his arms, motioning around us. Warrior angels fill in the area, some have bows and arrows; some have swords and spears. But none of them concerns me.

Slowly standing up, our eyes meet and I pick up the golden sword, which doesn't burn my hand anymore. Everyone is shocked with that, even the King himself. But nevertheless, he smiles angelically. It irritates me.

"I am Forneus Furtur, a Great Marquis of Hell, who used to give men good names and made them be loved by their friends and foes. I was the man who kept promises. I was an Angel, the rightful heir of the throne." I tell him, my voice steady and fierce. "You should know that, and you should have known that I rule twenty-nine legions of demons." The King tilts his head to the side, smirking. Now he looks more like a demon than I am.

Smiling, I open my palm then flick my fingers. At first, it's just a black orb, floating in the air right in front of me. The air becomes cold and strong, and the place becomes darker. Everyone looks around, trying to decipher what's happening. The storm has come, and the rumbles of the lightning can be heard in a distance. This is a part of my power. As soon as the King realizes what I'm doing, he orders his men to attack me but they all stop when the black orb comes larger, floating behind my back. The wind has become strong enough to make the warrior angels step back. I keep my eyes straight at Jophiel.

The Queen is already near my side, but her eyes aren't at me. It is trained at her husband, watching his every move. She sides with me, her eyes glowing white and her wings spreading out. She switches her gaze at me, and the moment I see what she's doing, I understand it already. The Queen is calling out to her son's soul, trying to contact him and for a moment, I let my guard down, watching Adrian. He's still lying there on the ground, the blood has long dried off. His face is smeared with his own blood as her mother picks him up and begins to mumble something under her breath. The King calls for her attention, but the Queen pays no attention to him; she just continues to chant and her hands, resting on Adrian's chest, give an eerie glow.

"This is how I will defeat you in your realm, King," I tell him as I spread my arms out in the same manner he did earlier. Behind me, the big black orb slowly releases legion after legion I command as I stare at him. The lightning strikes here and there, making the commoner angels run.

My legions are wearing black heavy armors that could repel the blast attacks of the warrior angels. The legions I rule are powerful. In fact, they are considered as one of the deadliest legions ever. They have these hands that when they make a skin contact with the angels, they feel the worst pain anyone could feel. These legions were able to kill a King before, but this time, I will be the one to do that.

Jophiel readies himself, transforming into his angel form and I do the same thing. My wings spread out and I literally stand out. My wings, a pair of black and white, are more majestic compared to him, and to think that I'm carrying the golden sword crafted by the first angel means something. Jophiel orders his man to charge and I tell my legions to fight back.

"Please bring him back to me, my Queen," I tell Adrian's mother and she looks at me with teary eyes. Even though she seems weak, I can feel her power emanating off, surrounding around me. "I may be a demon and I used to be an angel, but I love Adrian. Hadraniel. He told me he wasn't brave nor would he ever be, but he proved to everyone that he could. I love him. Demons are not supposed to be capable of love, but Adrian –"

"Is an Angel of Love," The Queen finishes, smiling up at me. "Looking at you, I realized what you meant to him, and how he changed you." She admits, her eyes glinting with love and admiration for her son. "I'm sorry for what happened to your parents, and I'm sorry that it had to end this way. But I am with you. I pray for you."

"I only need Adrian," I tell her, not really wanting her prayers. "Please bring her back to me."

"I will."

With that, I use my magic to teleport them to somewhere they can't be bothered. My heart still aches for Adrian and every time his face crosses inside my head, my heart feels like it's going to explode. I remind myself that Adrian will be back to me in no time, with the help of her mother who is calling her soul out. I turn my attention to Jophiel, who is busy fighting my legions and he's doing it in a swift manner. His disgust for them is visible in his eyes as he swings his sword towards them.

"Jophiel, fight me, you big asshole!" I call his attention and he turns it towards me. He smiles wickedly as his wings spread out.

For a few seconds we just stare at each other, not doing anything and then we charge at each other. The golden sword is in my hands and his purified sword pointing at me. Beneath us, some of my legions have fallen, but so have Jophiel's warrior angels. They're putting up a good fight, and I can't wait for Jophiel's blood to be in my hands.

Our swords meet.

And his eyes stare right at mine.

And I say, "This is your nightmare becoming real and true," and give him a deadly smile.