Secret Baby

age 7

Luke smiled as he skipped over to Michaels backyard.

"Hi Mikey Boo!" The little 7 year old boy yelled as he saw Michael playing with his dump trucks.

"What do you want, Luke?" The 8 year old asked, not paying attention at all to Luke.

Luke walked over and sat down in the bed of Michaels big tonka truck. It was just big enough to fit Luke's skinny body.

"I was playing with that." Michael said, sitting back on his knees.

Luke shrugged and fixed the bottom of his pink, overall dress. "Well, I wanna play too." He said, and Michael shook his head.

"No. You're a girl." He said, and Luke pouted, and shook his head.

"No. I'm a boy." The blonde boy said softly. "Now push me!" He squealed, just wanting to play with Michael. He didn't really like dump trucks but Michael did, and he likes Michael.

"No you're weird." Michael said, pushing the truck, rolling Luke a few feet away from him.

"No I'm not." Luke said.

"Yeah you are. You're a boy and you're wearing a dress." Michael muttered, digging his other trucks into the mud.

"Mama said I looked pretty." Luke told him, and stubbornly crossed his arms. "Anyway, look at my shoes. They're the same kind you have." Luke said, showing Michael his high top converse.

"Yours are covered in glitter." Michael muttered, and Luke smiled.

"They make me look pretty." He said, and Michael shook his head.

"You don't look pretty. You're ugly. Boys who wear girl clothes can't be pretty." He said, and Luke felt his lip trembling.

He looked down and let tears fall onto his dress.

"Go home now. I don't want to play with you. I have other friends coming over, and they are real boys." Michael told him, so the blonde boy stood up and Michael looked up seeing tears falling from Luke's baby blue eyes.

He watched as Luke ran outside of his fence, back to his.

-

Michael sighed as he walked into Luke's backyard to see Luke playing with his sharpay dolls and pink car.

"Luke?" Michael asked and the blonde boy looked up, wiping his eyes.

"I'm sorry I was so mean." Michael told him and Luke looked away again. He didn't want to talk to Michael.

"I was just mad this morning. Your dress and your shoes look very pretty." He said, and Luke smiled.

"My mom said we could have a sleepover if you wanted." Michael told him, and Luke smiled again, taking Michaels hand and leading him into his house.

"Michaels spending the night! We're gonna watch tangled!" Luke told his mom before they ran up the stairs.

Michael smiled as he watched Luke skip into his pink bedroom.

"Do you really think my shoes are pretty?" Luke asked as he pushed his bed across his room, putting it against the wall.

"Yeah. They're really nice." He said as Luke picked up the nine foot teddy bear.

Michael laughed as he watched Luke try to carry the bear. He had little balance, and all Michael could see were Luke's legs.

The blonde boy threw the bear down in front of the tv, and shut the door.

He picked up his princess blanket and sat down on the bear as he pushed in the DVD.

"Come sit with me." Luke said, and patted the spot on the bear next to him.

Michael sat down beside Luke and the blonde boy leaned forward, unplugging the lamp.

He pulled the blanket over him and Michael, laying his head on the older boys shoulder.

"What are you doing?" Michael asked, and Luke smiled, looking up.

"I have a secret." Luke whispered.

"What is it?" Michael asked, looking down.

Luke leaned up, and got close to Michaels ear. "I have a crush on you."

Michael smiled, scooting closer to Luke.

"I have a crush on you too." Michael told him.

"But you called me ugly." Luke said, pouting his lips.

"I didn't mean it." Michael said, taking Luke's hand in his own.

"Than you should kiss me just to prove that you like me." Luke said, and Michaels eyes widened.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to kiss. I'm only eight." He said, and Luke raised his eyebrows.

"I won't tell on you, and I'm only seven." He said, and Michael nodded.

They both closed their eyes, sticking their lips out. They slowly leaned in until they felt their lips touch. It lasted about two seconds before Luke started smiling.

"Am i your boyfriend?" Luke asked.

"Yeah." Michael said, still holding onto Luke's hand.

"I love you, Mikey Boo." Luke said, and Michael kissed his cheek.

"I love you too, Luke." Michael said, causing Luke to smile.

"Okay. We can't tell." Luke whispered, sitting on Michaels lap.

"Why not?" Michael said softly.

"Because. If we tell, what if mama doesn't let us kiss?" Luke asked, and Michael shrugged.

"Okay. We won't tell yet. Can you come over every day though? Boyfriends are supposed to hang out all the time. We can hide in my room." Michael said, and Luke nodded.

"And we can sit with each other in the cafeteria at school. You can have my apple juice if you want it." Luke told him, and Michael nodded.

"I bring two cookies everyday. You can have one." He said, and Luke smiled.

"Do you want to go to bed?" Luke asked, and Michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's only 8:30." Michael told him.

"Yeah but we can cuddle." Luke said, and Michael shrugged.

"We're not wearing pajamas." Micheal told him, so Luke jumped up, running over to his drawer.

He pulled out his favorite gown, and searched for something for Michael to wear.

"Here. I have sweatpants and a boy shirt for you." Luke said, and threw them to Michael.

"Thank you." Michael said, and they changed quickly, laying down on the huge bear.

Michael pulled the princess blanket over Luke, and laid down beside him.

"Hold me." Luke said and Michael wrapped his arms around Luke's small body.

"You know, I bet we're gonna get married one day." Luke said, and Michael smiled.

"You think so?" Michael asked him.

"Of course."

"I do too." Michael told him, kissing Luke one more time