Bummer Baby

age 17

"This is not what I expected." Luke said softly as they stepped into the house.

It was beautiful from the outside but all that was inside was a hammock hanging in the corner of the room by the huge sliding glass doors.

Luke ran upstairs, but there was no furniture anywhere.

He really wanted this to be special. All of it. But now it's just ruined.

"Michael I'm sorry. She must've moved the furniture out." Luke said, looking up in defeat. "We can just go home." Luke whispered.

"No. You wanted a peaceful, relaxing weekend and that's exactly what you're going to get." Michael told him, and Luke fell into Michael's chest, feeling calm in his embrace.

"Now, it's 11:46. How about we just go to bed and we can do stuff tomorrow?" Michael said, and Luke nodded, closing and locking the front door.

Luke pulled over a plastic stool and hopped up into the hammock, laughing as Michael tumbled in beside him.

-

"Wake up, Mikey!" Luke squealed, sitting on his lap, shaking him.

"Luke.." Michael groaned, and pulled Luke down on top of him, cuddling into his shoulder. "..too early."

"No, Mikey. Get up. I have a big day planned." He said, so Michael peeked one eye open.

"What are we gonna do?" Michael asked.

"Well, I was thinking that we could- shoot." Luke whispered, realizing there was no bed.

"What?" Michael asked.

"I'll think of something hold on." Luke said, and Michael laughed at him. Luke got down out of the hammock and let Michael doze off a little.

He ran out of the backdoor, and looked around. His grandmas private property was huge. Nobody could see them or even see the house.

All that was on the patio was a few small couches. He tried pushing them together, but it just didn't work. He sat down, and placed his head in his hands out of defeat and disappointment. He needed everything to be perfect today and it wasn't working.

He sat back, and crossed his arms, and just looked out at the lake.

"You look beautiful.." He heard Michael's voice say, so he looked back to see Michael leaning on the door frame.

"Come here.." Luke giggled.

Michael walked over and sat beside him, throwing his arm around Luke's shoulder.

"Did you just take a shower?" Luke asked, ruffling Michael's damp hair.

"Yeah..." He whispered, and Luke looked back to the lake. "...tell me what's on your mind." Michael said softly, rubbing Luke's back.

"I just wanted this weekend to go perfect. I wanted everything to turn out right, but so far it hasn't." Luke said softly.

"I know this isn't what you planned, but it's okay. I get to spend time with you and that's all I care about." Michael said, making Luke lightly smile.

"I just had everything planned down to the minute and now it's ruined." He said softly.

"How about this? We can leave whenever you like, and someday soon, we can go wherever you want to. The beach, the mountains, camping, downtown, whatever you want. You pick, and I'll take you there." Michael told him, making him smile.

"You would do that?" Luke asked.

"Of course I would." Michael said, kissing Luke's temple.

"I want to go somewhere where it's just us. Nobody around." Luke said.

"It's a few hours away, but we have a small beach house. It's small, but really cozy. We haven't been able to use it in a long time, and I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind us going." Michael told him.

"I want to." Luke told him, looking up.

"Let me give her a call. Talk to your mom, and if she says yes, we can leave from here." Michael told him, and Luke smiled, nodding.