Sleepy Baby

age 17

Luke smiled when he finally opened his eyes. He was in Michaels bed, the older boy beside him with his back to him.

Luke crawled over Michaels body, and lifted up one of his arms. He let it drape over his body, closing his eyes again once his head was laying beside Michaels.

He loved being close to Michael.

Michaels eyes fluttered open and he saw Luke laying right beside him.

He rolled over on his back, pulling Luke on top of his chest.

Luke smiled and closed his eyes again, feeling safe in Michaels strong arms as the rain beat down on the house outside.

"Mikey Boo?" Luke asked softly.

"It's 4 a.m. Go back to sleep." Michael laughed, tired from the drive.

"I just wanna tell you I love you." Luke whispered, and he felt Michaels hand run through his hair a few times.

"I love you too, baby."

"Goodnight. Or should I say good morning. I never really know what to say because it's just awkward to say good morning and go back to sleep, but it is the morning t-"

"You wanna talk don't you?" Michael asked, and Luke looked up, nodding.

Michael glanced over at the clock, realizing he got a good thirty minutes of sleep.

"Alright." He sighed, pulling the blankets up over Luke's back.

He began listening to Luke talk, running his hand through the younger boys hair, knowing it usually put him to sleep.

"I can't wait for Christmas. It's like six months away. Did you know that slugs have like... four noses I think. That might be wrong, but I've heard it somewhere. Maybe it's something else- oh did y... did you know that penguins h... they have..." Michael smiled realizing how quickly Luke was falling asleep.

"Mikey. I think I'm gonna have to go back to sleep." Luke whispered in the dark room.

"Go ahead, sweetheart."