Sad Baby

age 9

Luke smiled as Michael sat down beside him in the cafeteria.

He was at a table by himself, but now he had Michael.

"Hey, I should tell you something." Michael said, as Luke handed him his apple juice.

"Okay." Luke told him, waiting to hear what Michael had to say.

"I like Sabrina." Michael said, looking across the cafeteria to see a little blonde girl with curly hair.

"I like her too. She's very nice." Luke said, smiling.

"No, I have a crush on her." Michael said, and Luke's smile fell a little.

"But I'm your boyfriend. You can't have another crush." Luke said, and Michael shrugged.

"Maybe we should break up then." He said, and Luke's face turned down.

"But she's a girl. I'm a boy. I thought you liked boys." Luke said, not understanding what was going on.

"Maybe I like both but I like her more." Michael said, and Luke's eyes filled with tears.

"But I love you. We cuddle every night and you kiss me and tell me I look pretty." Luke said, and Michael sighed.

"I just want to be with her now." He said, and Luke nodded.

"Okay."

He watched as Michael got up and walked over to sit with Sabrina. Luke understood why Michael likes her. Her pink dress is prettier than Luke's and her shoes aren't dirty, glitter covered converse. She has long hair, a pink dress, and boots to match.

She was beautiful.

Luke was sad.