Scared Baby

age 16

Luke whimpered as he heard yelling coming from downstairs.

"You haven't been in his life for fourteen years! What makes you think you can show up like this and tell him that he's a disappointment?!" He heard his mama yell.

"He's wearing dresses, Liz! He has a boyfriend! I don't know what's more disappointing, the way Luke turned out, or how awful you did raising him to be a man!"

"Don't you dare come in here and try to judge the way I raised him. You chose to not be in his life, and that means you can't critique my parenting. Luke is beautiful in every way! We did just fine without you!" She yelled, and Luke sobbed, covering his ears with his hands.

Luke finally met his dad. Liz told him that he wanted to see Luke. He wasn't upset about it. He was excited to meet him, but Luke now knows his dad hates him. That's why he was so snappy yesterday.

He heard someone coming up the stairs, and he looked up, seeing light fill his room. His mom walked over to the corner he was sitting in, and he saw his dad standing out in the doorway.

"Sweetheart, go over to Michaels house." Liz said, but Luke shook his head.

"He b-broke up with me." He cried.

Liz looked back at the door and saw Andrew laughing a little at the sight of Luke.

"Leave my house now!" Liz said, and he just laughed again.

"Nice job, kid. You're starting to look like an actual boy." He laughed, and Luke just whimpered, hiding behind Liz as he hugged his denim covered legs.

She stood up, leaving Luke feeling unprotected and completely vulnerable.

"Don't you dare talk to him like that!" She yelled, causing another screaming match to play out in Luke's room.

He wanted to run out of the house but his dad was in front of his bed room door and he was too scared to get up.

"Luke, go to Karen's house right now!" Liz said, and he shook his head.

"Luke! Now!" She warned, so Luke got up and quickly walked past his dad.

He ran downstairs, and out of the door.

He sat on his porch, not wanting to go see Michael at all. He yelled at Michael when he didn't deserve it. He shouldn't have talked to him like that and he feels like the biggest jerk in the world.

Luke pulled at his hair as he let his tears soak into the knees of his pants.

He needs Michael. The only time he feels safe is when Michaels holding his hand.

But Luke's on his own now.