Changed Baby

age 16

Michaels eyes widened when he walked into Luke's house, seeing the younger boy in a pair of black jeans and a black shirt. He has never seen Luke in a pair of pants before and it was just different. Even during the winter, Luke would suffer through the cold just to wear his pretty dresses.

"Hey babe? Are you feeling okay?" Michael asked, walking over to Luke who was folding up a blanket in the living room.

"Never better." He said and Michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"You haven't worn pants since you were six years old. You look different." Michael said, also noticing the stubble on Luke's jaw.

"I just thought maybe it was time to move on from dressing like a girl. I don't know." Luke sighed, and sat the blanket in the couch.

"This isn't like you." Michael said, and Luke shrugged, sitting down on the couch.

"I know im weird. A sixteen year old boy wearing dresses all of the time. It's not pretty. I just look stupid. I don't know what I was thinking." Luke sighed, and Michael threw an arm around Luke's shoulder.

"Who told you that?" Michael asked.

"Literally everybody at school. You've been my only friend ever, and even you have told me I look ugly." Luke whispered.

"What? When I was like 10?!" Michael laughed.

"You were 8. I remember you had a new dump truck set. You wouldn't let me play with you because you said boys who wear dresses are weird. You called me ugly." Luke whispered.

"How do you still remember that?" Michael asked.

"It's the first time I've ever been hurt over something somebody said." Luke said softly, crossing his arms.

"You know I didn't mean it. I think you are absolutely beautiful." Michael whispered but Luke didn't smile or blush like he usually does.

Michaels heart was literally breaking for Luke. He didn't know what was wrong.

"Come here.." Michael whispered, standing up, holding his hand out for Luke.

Luke stood up on his own, crossing his arms as he followed Michael up the stairs.

Michael walked over to the closet and pulled out Luke's favorite pink dress.

Luke shook his head, so Michael put it back, finding another one.

"You look so adorable in this one." Michael said, and Luke shook his head again.

He picked out one more, and once Luke saw it, his face turned angry.

He snatched it from Michael, and threw it to the back of the closet, slamming the door shut.

"Luke se-"

"Stop it, Michael." Luke snapped.

"I need you to tell me what's wrong. I want to help you." Michael said softly.

"I don't need your help." Luke spat, glaring at Michael.

"Okay, seriously Luke. I get it. You're insecure, but I think you look beautiful, and that should-"

"It doesn't matter what you think, Michael! What you think isn't important! I don't need you to tell me what you think. It's not helping!" Luke yelled.

"Luke, baby, calm down. Just talk to me." Michael said, trying to grab Luke's hand which only resulted in him getting pushed away roughly.

He put his hands up in defense and looked up only to see Luke glaring at him.

"I don't know what's going on, Luke, but I did not deserve that." Michael said calmly.

"Oh cry me a river.." Luke said and rolled his eyes.

"I'm really trying my hardest to be patient with you, Luke." Michael said.

"Why? What's the point anymore, Michael?" Luke snapped, and Michael exhaled.

"The point is that I love you and I just want to know what's going on." He said, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"No you don't." Luke laughed, and Michael rocked back and forth on his feet.

"You know, Michael, everything you say and do just makes everything worse. Don't you get that I just need time by myself without you trying to bud into every aspect of my life!" Luke yelled, and Michael shrugged.

"Take all the time you need, Luke. I don't want to be such an inconvenience, so maybe it's just better if we take a break too."