Missing Baby

age 16

Michael opened the door to see Liz standing there with a stressed expression on her face. She looked tired, but there was some hint of relief in her eyes.

"I'm here for Luke. I need to talk to him." She said, and Michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"I haven't talked to Luke today." Michael said, and liz's face turned to one of concern.

"I- I told him to come over here. I- Where could he be?" She asked, and Karen walked over.

"What's going on?" Michael asked.

"Luke's dad stopped by. Luke was so excited to meet him. Yesterday, when they met, it went awful. Andrew was upset with how Luke looked. You know, wearing dresses and stuff, and he hasn't left Luke alone about it. And there's been a lot of yelling, and Luke's going through a lot, so I told him to come over here before it got bad, but he obviously didn't and I have no idea where he's at." Liz panicked, and Michael grabbed his phone before walking out of the house.

He ran down the dark street, knowing it's not safe for Luke to be out this late.

"Luke!" Michael yelled as he came up on the neighborhood park.

He searched for two hours before he thought it was time to go home and call the police. It wasn't like Luke to run away.

Michael started his walk home but it was cut short when he saw a person in a black tshirt walking in the opposite direction.

"Luke! What the hell is your problem?! You've got everybody worried sick! I've been looking for you for two hours!" Michael told him, and Luke just turned back around and started walking away.

"Luke- stop." Michael said, holding onto Luke's arm.

"Why do you care so much? Just let me go." He said, trying to yank his arm away.

"I care because I love you Luke!" Michael yelled as Luke walked away. "I'm in love with you, and you've had me worried to death! I thought something happened to you!" Michael yelled, and Luke stopped, turning around slowly.

"You're in love with me? I thought you said you weren't there yet." Luke said softly.

"Well I kind of figured it out when I forced myself out into freezing weather just to find you." Michael said, wrapping his arms around Luke's shoulders, holding him as tight as possible.

"Now get your ass back home. Your mom is worried sick." Michael said, and Luke nodded, walking beside Michael.

"I'm in love with you too, by the way."