CħAp†㉫r 1

CħAp†㉫r 1 : Tħ㉫ WArǸÏǸG

+ Wirt +

"Wirt! Wirt!" Suddenly the sound of my little brother, Greg came in my room and started shaking me.

Since the bed is really comfy, I refuse to wake up. But of course, with the hyperness of my brother, he started jumping on my back that really hurts.

"Wake up! Wake up!" He chanted with enthusiasm.

"Ugh, Greg! Get off me! You know it hurts my back." I push Greg away and rub my sore back.

Gosh, it really hurts so bad.

"But Wirt, its autumn!" He cheered.

I raised an eyebrow "And?" I asked.

"You promised me we could jump on a pile of leaves in autumn! Oh, also with Ben." Greg happily hugged our frog ghat he now names 'Ben'.

Oh man, I forgot about that promise. Well, more likely a force from Greg. Well, its autumn. I started liking autumn for some reasons, maybe because of that forest where me and Greg the pilgrim or . . . something. I miss those days. Though that happen last year, wow, time flies by so fast.

"Fine." I chuckled.

"Yay, come on, lets call Biatrice!" Greg pulled out the bell - which we got it still - and ring it.

As usual, the spirit came in with its eyes glowing.

"The ringing of the bell commands you to get the phone." Greg chanted.

Ok, let me explain. After we came back home, our frog spit out the bell once we were in our room. Of course, I became really carefull so I kept it hidden. Well, not too long, Greg just summon the spirit and practically become our pet or slave. Also the spirit made magic in two phones so we use the spirit to give the phone to Biatrice to have some communication.

"Hello?" Oh, thats Biatrice from the phone.

"Hey Biatrice!" Greg beamed.

"Hey, Greg! How are ya doing? Where's your nerdy bro?" Hey!

A bit offended, I grab the phone and scoffed. "You know, I can hear you." I grumble.

"Yeah, yeah, anywho~ how's the tape thing for Sara?" She asked.

Oh, did she have to say that now? "No." I sighed.

Then I hear her groaned loudly from annoyance. I dont blame her for that, until now I still couldn't get the strength to give Sara the tape. Ugh! I'm such a coward!

"Seriously, Wirt? When will you man up and give her the tape already? You've been editing that tape over and over again ever since last year!" She complained.

"H-Hey! You know its hard to face your feelings! I mean S-Sara might laugh at how ridiculous my poems are!" I stuttered.

"And . . . thats what I hate about you." I could feel she's giving herself a facepalm from the sound of her skin slapping.

"Wirt! I'm gonna go outside and build an autumn leaves hill with Ben." Greg smiled.

"Grrrrrooooaaaaag." Ben, our frog replied. I think?

Greg drag Ben downstairs and I smile at the sight. Even though I'm still a humiliated and a wimpy teenager, I'm actually happy to meet our friends back from the Unknown.

"Anyway Wirt, its easy to aproach someone you like. I mean I used to get close to my crush before I became a blue bird." Biatrice tried to put some positivity.

"But I'm a guy. Guys supposed to be a gentlemen and that doesn't work in my home." I put on my yellow vest.

"Well, in a cheesy way, just be yourself. Girls like nice guys, right? For now, I need to go. Dont forget to call Sara amd gave her the tape." She chuckled.

"Biatrice!" I blushed.

Before I could scold her, she ended the call. Ugh, feelings. Sometimes being a teenager is like being a drama queen. Highschool is my worst problems. I get bullied, I overthink things especially when it comes to Sara and people hating my habit of poetry. But hey, atleast I'll get to go with my little bro. I went downstairs and grab some granola bars and approach at our backyard. Mom and my step-dad are in work again so basically I'm incharge.

"Wirt!" Greg giggled.

I spot Greg rolling on the bermuda grass with some autumn leaves sticking on his hair. I chuckled and carried Ben with me.

"Ggggrrrroooooaag." Ben croaked.

"Yeah, autumn looks great." I smile.

Ok, why am I talking to a frog?

"BEWAAAAAARE!!!!" Suddenly I jolted once I heard a howl from somekind of an old lady-like voice.

"Woah, what was that?" Greg asked.

I looked around and went over to our fence to see an old lady with an old fashioned dress, there are police grabbing her arms.

"BEWARE!!! UPON THAT GARDEN WALL HOLDS WITHIN DARKNESS OF CRIMINALS!" She yelled.

A lot of people stared at her in a weird way. Even I do. Because I mean me and Greg went there and its just full of nice folks and we even solve the Beast problem. This lady is crazy.

"Wirt, I cant see." Greg tried to jump just to see the scene.

I carried Greg high enough for him to see it.

"A LEGEND!!! A HORRIBLE LEGEND LIES UPON IN THE UNKNOWN! THE BLACK THIEF! FEAR THAT MAIDEN! SHE WHO WEARS BLACK WITH A BASKET IS THE BLACK THIEF!!!" The lady warned, fear emitting from her pupils.

"Lady, calm down!" The police grunted.

"Your crazy, lady. We will have to send you to pscychological check ups." The other poluce informed.

But before they could send her away, my eyes widen when the crazy old lady looked at me so she point her fingers at me.

"THE PILGRIM! SAVE THE POOR SOUL INSIDE OF THE BLACK THIEF!!!"

Pilgrim? Garden wall? Wait, is she from the Unknown? But h-how?

"Lady, he's just a kid." The police sighed and send her inside the car.

"Hey Wirt. Do you know that lady?" Greg asked.

"N-No, I haven't seen her but how did she know me? Only the people from the Unknown knows I'm the pilgrim." I panicked.

Greg noticed my worriness so he grab my collar, push me down so he could press a finger to my lips.

"Shhhh, your panicking. That lady's nuts. Lets go and play!" Greg said.

I smiled at Greg's comfort but couldn't help but worry about the old lady's warnings. I think something is bound to happen. I cant just ignore that someone from th Unknown came here and knows me as the pilgrim. But I'm noy sure of what to do . . .

"Two boys will be returned, one of them be concerned . . ."