ChApTeR 19

ChApTeR 19 : Still Love You

"That's the feeling of loving a liar."

"Ugh . . ."

Wirt groaned as he felt his vision coming back. Pain struck through his whole body as he tried to regain his posture. Where is he? What just happen to him? He blink, once, twice and thrice until he just noticed he's in a very familiar dark room, he's in the piano room. Great, he remembered Pete. (Y|n)

 The truth.

The ugly truth . . .

He take a deep breath and let it out stress fully, why? Out of all the people, why does it have to be her? The girl he loved. Cheesy as it sounds but his feelings for (Y/n) is something that even a poet himself couldn't predict the exact words to explain his heart.

"In this place, anything is possible. The Unknown is everything. I'm doing this not because I'm blackmailed or something, I choose this because I want to, Wirt. In fact I gave you a chance to live yet you ignored it."

His heart cracked and his ears can't accept of what he just heard. This is way worse than how Beatrice betray him. She only did that with a reason and was blackmailed but (Y/n) . . .

"Why . . . ?" Wirt moaned in grief.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"I still love you." 

(Y/n) blinked, suddenly remembered from yesterday's event. Ah, yes. She sighed. Those were her  last thoughts as she watched Wirt passed out. She can't believe she almost had herself lose her promise by the time she confronted Wirt. A sacrifice is a sacrifice. She pressed those phases in her head.

She turned her head to the Gardener who was dusting the bell with full satisfaction, murmuring his future plans now that he have the bell. She suddenly remembered Wirt again which made her growled silently.

The sight at the window seems to mock her emotions right now. It was dark and foggy, the land being showered by heaven's water.

"No," She refused, jerking her head away as if she's denying her own self. "This all will be worth it, I'll do this for him, for Will . . . Even if it'll make me a bad person."

"I can't wait for later! Haha! My success! It's finally here!" Pete cheered, the vines started to grow long as he looks up.

(Y/n) made a face at his back and crossed her arms as she tried to act normal. "What are you even planning with that bell anyway? World domination?" She sarcastically remarked.

Thou Pete didn't seem to be offended by her remarks as he twirl around and gives her the biggest  grin he could muster. "Oh you see, I never really looked up to anyone, not even my own father until I met this legend. This legend that have opened my eyes, it is the one and only the Beast."

Thunder strike lightning just as he mentioned the Beast's name. (Y/n) didn't flinch but inside she felt something's wrong gonna happen. She listens, silently.

"The Beast . . . To anyone, it is like the name of a devil but to me, it is my purpose to serve him," Pete stared at a portrait of a shadow with two horns. "A purpose to bring him back."

"But he's dead, how can you make a spirit bring the dead back to life?" She asked, her eyes narrowing.

"Like you said, anything in this place is possible. With this bell," He raise the bell high "I could demand the spirit to summon the Beast, my master." The flames lit rapidly in the chimney.

"So you used to serve for The Beast before the pilgrim enters?" (Y/n) interviewed.

"Oh a slave, an admirer, anything for the Beast. And now I get to offer my loyalty to him once again."

She made a disgusted face, feeling a little de ja vu at the sight of Pete being a bit obsessed. She shook her, she don't care anyway. In fact once she use the stone, she could turn back time to  fix her mistakes and never to feel this crippling regret.

Including Wirt . . .

Stupidly, she slaps herself physically.

Which made Pete looked at her oddly. (Y/n) felt embarresed.

"There's . . . . a mosquito flew at my face so . . . uh ehem yeah." Nice job, (Y/n). she thought to herself.

Pete shrug it off and continued celebrating his 'success'. (Y/n) decided to just wander around the mansion to get herself some fresh air. She leave the room without letting Pete knew as she skipped around the hallways.

Sometimes we couldn't know our body that well especially when (Y/n) found herself walking to the room where Wirt is locked in and what's even more surprising is that she's not stopping herself. She looked down through the vines that represents as the bars in Wirt's cell. Wirt noticed (Y/n)'s presence as she continued staring at him.

"It's funny how the gravity made us do decisions like this." (Y/n) admitted.

Wirt didn't speak. He just stared at her figure like a portrait of art with a hidden meaning. He blink and sighed slowly, she could see the misery and pain through Wirt's eyes. It is visible.

"It's not the gravity who's fault." Wirt speaks, glaring at (Y/n). What a foreign sight to see for (Y/n). But she continued staring down at him. "Because our minds are the one who attracts the gravity mostly." He quoted.

"Guess you'll never understand . . ." (Y/n) looked away, receiving a look from Wirt.

 "I'm too tired to even try to understand you, (Y/n)." He replied.

Silence . . .

"I guess you better go, farewell, friend." He added, glaring at you. "Do what you want, for I will not care anymore even if it kills me." He finished.

Then suddenly (Y/n)'s hands formed into fists as she step closer to where Wirt was trapped in and banged the cell-like vines. "Think you can say like that to me!?"

Wirt stood up and faced her eye to eye, oddly he doesn't feel all weird or awkward, he felt too tired yet so strong to even face her like that. "Think you can bring back Will like that!?" He cursed, causing (Y?n) to grit her teeth and grab both of his shoulders.

He expects for her to punch him, slap him or even stab him, anything to harm him but no, the next action she did was something that made his brain even more confused and sparks.

(Y/n) kissed Wirt.

It only last for a few second but he felt like his whole world stopped. Wirt stared at her, tears are falling down from her cheeks.

"If only I have two hearts I could give it to you but I'm sorry I can't Wirt, I love you but . . . goodbye . . ." (Y/n) cried and ran away, leaving Wirt all alone, again.

Heeeyyy, finally updated, sorry but hey we're almost done with the book. thanks for the sweet comments, been reading them like a lot of times which made me motivated to write this. Also i started reading novels which is a plus one for my writing skills, anywho this homie is stressing herself out of this school works and still grounded. lmao