CħAp†㉫r 12

CħAp†㉫r 12 : CħÏしdr㉫Ǹ

  "Snap . . . snap . . ."

What is that sound? Wirt questioned himself half asleep, being waken up by some strabge sound. Wirt tried to open his eyes but all he could see was a blurry black figure, he couldn't make out who it was. He tried to blink away the blurriness, trying to figure out who was that. It might be (Y/n) but he remembers she doesn't have any black clothing with her.

  "Snap . . ."

Finally, he manage to regain his vision, he notice it was morning, where he could see was a peaceful nature in the forest. But there wasn't something peaceful when he tried to figure out who was the black clothed figure i front of him. It's back was turned to him, it seems that it was walking away silently until his eyes spot that it wss wearing a black hooded robe.

"Its that dangerous thief!" Wirt gasped, causing the Black hooded thief startled and face at him.

He could only see the lips of the figure, he can't see the face thanks to the shadows and the hood but he was sure that it wss a she. Before he could say anything, she ran off, letting her cape flew a little.

"He-Hey!" Wirt startled, standing up from his feet and started chasing her.

  The snapping sounds started to go rapidly at every step the thief have made. Turns out, the sounds are crunches of the dried leaves on the ground. "She's too fast." Wirt thought, trying to catch up with her. Short breaths and pants escape through his lips as sweat drops down his forehead.

Thud!

Unfortunately, he tripped over to a big tree root that it sticking out of the ground. The first thing to hit on the ground his Wirt's cheek, causing him to groaned in pain. He blinked a few times and looked up to see (Y/n) grabbing some berries on the tree with a confused look on her face.

"Wirt, what the hell?" She said, her brow raised up.

"Wuh-What?" He grew clueless. He swore he just saw the Black Hooded Thief around here, he even chased her. Didn't (Y/n) see her? "(Y-Y/n), I uh I saw h-her again! She was so fast th-that I couldn't catch her." Wirt explained.

(Y/n) kneel down and place the back of her hand on Wirt's forehead, causing him to blush in embarassment and humiliation. "Too close . . ." Wirt panicked a bit, realizing her face was closer to his.

"Huh, are you sure, Wirt? Your probably just seeing things. I mean I don't see anyone running except you." To Wirt's relief, she stood up and he manage to take his own personal space but he was confused. Is he really seeing things? Was it that magic fog again that they previously encountered?

No.

He was sure he didn't see any fog surrounding him before he saw the Black Hooded thief. Maybe he was seeing things. Since he was stressed out over a few things and worried a lot of times.

"Hey Wirt, did you hear that?" Suddenly he snapped out of his thoughts, regaining reality as he heard it too. A cry. From who? He scanned their surroundings until he spot a little girl.

"Over there." Wirt pointed as (Y/n) followed to where he was pointing and saw the little girl.

"We should help her. Come on." (Y/n) stood up from the bushes, leaving Wirt behind as she walked towards the little girl.

The little girl startled by the time she spot (Y/n). She was a stranger. She remember to never trust stranger unless they're kind people. She wasn't sure if this lady coming to her could be one of the good people.

"(Y/n), wait up." Then Wirt went beside her.

She ignored Wirt and focused on the kid while she kneel down so she could have the same level with the kid. "Hey, there." She genuinely greeted. "Are you lost or something?" She asked.

  The little girl nodded.

"Where do you live? W-We could guide you there." Wirt joined in, behind (Y/n).

" . . . a-at the O-Orphanage mister . . ." The little girl sniffed, which made Wirt and (Y/n) in luck.

"Oh thats great. We're actually going there too, come on." (Y/n) stood up and gave the little girl her hand. The girl startled a bit before finally hold (Y/n)'s hand. Wirt smiled at the sight, it's a good thing that (Y/n)'s not mad at him for yesterday night or . . . was she faking it? The thought made him upset.

"Lets go to the Orphanage!" (Y/n) cheered at the girl in a silly way which made her smile and giggle. Finally not a scared kid.

** 🔔 **

  "We're here!" Jane, from what (Y/n) and Wirt learned of the name of the girl, gasped in a happy way.

  The two teenagers looked up to see a 3 story house that has the color of purple and white. There are garden that is neatly placed on the shed of the building, they could even hear children's laughters and cheers. As expected from the Orphanage. Wirt put Jane down from his shoulder and watched her run inside the Orphanage, tailing her.

"Sister Maria! Sister Ann! I'm here!" Jane run and hugged two nuns that seems to be Maria and Ann.

  Then, Wirt could see (Y/n) biting her lips from guilt. But why? He thought. Before she could notice that Wirt is staring at her, he turned away with the same question lingering in his mind. Maybe it's just him seeig things? Since a while ago, he thought he saw the Black Hooded Thief.

"Oh, Jane! We thought we've lost you, may the lord bless this day." Sister Maria genuinely kissed Jane's forehead with relief.

"Those two kind people helped me find my way here!" Then she pointed at Wirt and (Y/n)'s presence. Wirt just wave in a why way while (Y/n) made a small smile, in a shy way like Wirt's. Sister Ann run to them and hugged (Y/n).

"Thank you, dear. You saved one of our precious angel . . ." She said with gratitude.

Wirt see it again. But this time the guilt was visible in her eyes. Why is she like that? Before (Y/n) say anything, the moment was interrupted by a loud thunderstorm, causing Jane to clutch onto Sister Maria's waist im fear.

"Oh my," Sister Ann let go of (Y/n) and noticed the gray clouds that are forming to the sky "It seems that it is going to rain. Perhaps we could repay you two by letting you two sleep with us after the upcoming storm has finished." She offered.

"I-It's ok, we - " (Y/n) tried to reject but yet again, interrupted.

"Oh nonsense! We have two spared beds in the Orphanage. The children would love to see two new faces." Sister Maria laughed and gestured the two of them inside.

While going inside, Wirt looked at (Y/n) who was staring at him with a guilty face. Once she noticed Wirt's stare, she was received by a genuine smile from Wirt but she quickly turned away.

  Guess she's secretly mad at Wirt . . .

- T H E -