CħAp†㉫r 4

CħAp†㉫r 4 : H㉫'$ FÏǸ㉫

Lost. Again.

The first two words that Wirt could think of right now. It was really hard for Wirt to go by himself through the woods. If Beatrice is here, she would know where the directions Wirt needed. Beatrice. Thats it! Wirt could use the phone to call Beatrice! He smile at his own idea and brought out the phone and started calling her.

"Hello?" Beatrice's voice made him sighed in relief.

"Thank gosh, you answered! B-Beatrice. This is important." Wirt stuttered.

"Is it about how nervous you are to give the tape to sweet 'ol Sara?" She snickered, teasing Wirt to please her.

"No! I mean a real emergency! G-Greg is missing! And I cant find him!" Wirt stressfully messing with his hair.

Wirt's panicked tone made her believe at him and she went silence. All was heard is Wirt's breathing pattern.

"Greg? Missing!? Is he kidnapped or or did he run away or something? Wirt! What did you do?" Beatrice asked.

"I dont know! All I know Greg went missing last night and I asked that spirit of where Greg could be and the result is he went back to the woods. Right now, I went back too to look for him." Wirt explained.

"Wait, wait, wait, why would Greg go back here?" Beatrice asked, confused.

"Well he kinda miss you actually." Wirt muttered.

Beatrice facepalm lightly and sighed.

"Oh Greg, thats so sweet of you but you worried us so much." Beatrice sighed again.

"Lets just meet at the Tavern. Right now, can you help me with directions. I'm kinda lost." Wirt said 

"You know you could ask the spirit to lead ya. Anyway I'm going there. See you Wirt." Beatrice ended the call.

Wirt nodded determinely and place his phone inside his bag. He walk towards a tree and sit on it as he remove the bag that was attached to his bag and place it infront of him. He pulled up the zipper and revealed his stuff.

"Rrrrrrr . . ." Suddenly a growl caught Wirt's attetntion as he looked up to see a black wolf.

"Ahhhh!!!" Wirt jolted and have his back hit o  the trunk of the tree.

The wolf growled at him with saliva dripping on its sharp teeth. He never thought he could see a real wolf like one. Just as usual, he felt really scared to make a move, thinking that the wolf might hurt him or claw him alive. The wolf examine Wirt's sweating body that was quivering, eyes widen shot. Before the wolf could get any closer to him, a whip hits the wolf's back, making it wimper in pain.

"Jeez. You bark a lot but turns out your a crybaby." A voice remarked.

Wirt looked at a girl who seems to be in his age, she have her (f/c) hair tied in a high ponytail. She still held the whip on her fingerless gloved hands. She wore a white shirt with a (f/c) checkered coat, she wore some jeans with a pair of combat boots. Additionally, she also have a sling bag with her, too. Then the girl noticed Wirt's stare.

"You must be the Pilgrim that everyone's talking about these days. I'm (Y/n) and you are . . ?" She trailed off.

"W-Wirt. Thanks back there." Wirt stood up.

"No problem, glad I listen to the gossips very well. The Pilgrim who wears a red cone hat with a blue robe, eh?" (Y/n) smiled.

Wirt blush at the comment that she gave. He wasn't really used of people remembering him as a heroic character. In his view, the Woodsman's the one who destroy the Beast, he only go home straightly with Greg and there frog.

"I t-think so. But look at me as Wirt, Wirt. Not the Pilgrim or something." He muttered.

(Y/n) slip her whip onto her belt and place a finger on her chin.

"Heard your going to the Tavern while walking. Wanna come with me since I'm going there, too." (Y/n) asked.

"S-Sure, sure. No problem." Wirt stuttered.

Then the both of them started walking. (Y/n) was gazing thtough the autumn leaves that was falling upon them, Wirt on the other hand, was staring at her. A lot of questions have started to fill in his head like . . .

Is she from here?

Why is her clothing isn't like the folk town in here?

And should he trust her?

She did save Wirt from the wolf but somehow he felt very negative to think that she's just trying to gain trust from him to trick him perfectly. Wirt shook at the thought and went back to reality.

"So (Y/-"

"Oh. We're here." Before Wirt could start up a converservation, they arrived at the Tavern.

"Thats nice." Wirt sighed.

(Y/n) go over to the doorknob, ready to open the door and looked over at Wirt.

"Just gonna stop for a drink in here, you can do your biz in the Tavern. Nice meeting ya." She smiled.

But Wirt's hand made its way to her shoulder to stop her.

"Woah," She remove his hand and faced Wirt "Something wrong, Wirt?" She concernely asked.

"I uhh I w-was just asking i-if you uhm see a kid with brown hair like mine and carrying with a frog? I'm looking for my b-brother actually." Wirt desperately asked.

. . . .

"Did I say something?" Wirt worridly thought himself when he noticed her silent reaction. She seems to be in deep thought until he heard something.

"So its that other one." She muttered.

"Other one?" Wirt raised his eyebrows.

Then (Y/n) snapped and scratch at the back of her head.

"Ermmm sorry. Is your bro 'Greg'?" She asked.

"Oh my gosh! Have you seen him? Y-Yes, its Greg. Is h-he alright?" Wirt rambled over to his worried questions.

"Yeah. I saw him lost yesterday so I took him, right now he's sleeping in my home." She informed.

"Thank god, he's safe." Wirt sighed.

(Y/n) felt the warm aura once she saw Wirt's smile like she save someone for him. It melts ger heart to think about this. So her lips twitched into a genuine smile.

"Yeah . . . . he's fine."

-- E  V  E  R  Y   T  H  I  N  G  --