CħAp†㉫r 9

CħAp†㉫r 9 : S㉫† F✿✿†

"Ok, here is the plan. Me and Wirt will be going to the Gardener ask him about the bell. Meanwhile, Beatrice you will look out for Greg and if there's any info about this thief, contact us with the phone, ok?" (Y/n) explained the plan.

Its already morning in their place so they start out by explaining about the plan they will made. Beatrice and Greg was dressed properly and casual, (Y/n) still have her usual coat on and unfortunately Wirt was sleeping still. It seems that Wirt havent sleep that well, judging by how dark his eye bags are.

"Zzzzz . . ." Wirt snored, making (Y/n) glared at him.

"Wirt! Wake up, geez. Did you really sleep that well?" (Y/n) complained, shaking his shoulder.

Though the shaking never worked. (Y/n) let out an irritated groan before going to another to prepare her stuff. Beatrice came towards Wirt and examine his sleeping figures.

"Here, try this. I think (Y/n)'s music is top notch loud enough to wake him up." Greg pulled out a music player and some headphones.

Since Beatrice isn't familiar with technology, she gave a weird look at the device.

"Uhmm . . . I dont know how it works, actually." Beatrice puffed her cheeks.

"Oh ok. Here, just press the button near Wirt's ear and it might wake him up." Wirt instructed, pointing at the certain button.

Beatrice just shrug it off and let Greg put the headphones on Wirt's ear as she started to push the button. Suddenly, Wirt's eyes immediately shot open and quickly remove the headphones, making Greg jump in success.

"Yay, (Y/n)'s music player works!" Greg cheered.

"I dont even know why (Y/n) listens to heavy metal rock . . ." Wirt muttered, rubbing his eyes that still have eyebags.

After the scene, (Y/n) came in the room and spot her music player on the floor and Wirt being awake.

"Uh, guys stop messing with my stuff." (Y/n) groaned, grabbing her music player.

"So . . . that thingy helps you wake people up?" Beatrice asked, scratching her head since she doesn't know any kind of this stuff.

***

   Everyone went to their place as it planned. Greg gave a hug to Wirt and (Y/n) as Beatrice bid good luck at the two. The two started their journey, thankfully (Y/n) have a map with her. The woods seems mysteriously dark in Wirt's view. Maybe he was nervous and afraid of what might happen at the future. Sure, he already handled the Beast but he doesn't know who he was facing to.

"Ok, we'll just go across that Vegetable City or whatever you call and I guess . . . straight ahead?" (Y/n) instructed unsurely.

"You seem like your not familiar in the woods." Wirt pointed out.

"Yeah, I just got here last month." She mumbled, still eyeing the map.

Wirt stopped at his tracks.

"Wait. The way you speak, your music and . . . your not from here?" He asked.

(Y/n) let out a sigh and fold the map and place it in her pockets. She faced Wirt with her arms crossed.

"Uhh yeah, genius. Glad you found out." She rolled her eyes.

"Dont you want to go back? Like over that wall?" Wirt hold her shoulder.

She suddenly flinched and slap Wirt's hand away, hating his presence on her shoulder.

"Uh no. I'm ok here. Thank you." She muttered and continue walking but faster.

Wirt catched up with her and tried to balance his pacing from hers.

"Wait, wait, wait. Why? How about your friends or uhhh family? How about them?" Wirt asked worridly.

"No thank you." She ignored Wirt.

He gave her a look of disbelief and decided to kept quiet. It seems like she doesnt want to talk about her past. Sighing, he looked around, there are some trees that are chopped down. Crusts are heard underneath Wirt's footstep. It seems like there are a lot of withered plants around here which gave him the creeps.

". . . water . . ." Suddenly a weak voice rang through Wirt's ear.

"(Y/n), I just heard a voice a-around here." Wirt called out for her.

"That must be your imaginations." She didn't listen fully since she's too focus at the map.

". . .water . . . wa . . " He heard it again.

"(Y/n)! There's someone in here." Wirt yelled.

Before he could take another step, he felt something tugged on his foot which made him stop. He looked down and gasp to see a withered plant grabbed him with a pleading creepy face.

"Ahhhh!!!" Wirt jumped.

(Y/n) spot a sign that was dusty. She wipe it off to see the sign clearer. Then she eyed it nearer and read it out loud.

"Vegetable Town, oh, we're here. I guess your right, Wirt." She turned to Wirt who was now being surrounded by other withered looking plants.

"Now can you help me!?" Wirt yelled.

" . . . water . . wa . .r"

"Please . . . "

"W . . wa . . .t . .er "

Most of the plants begged for water towards Wirt desperately. (Y/n) get something from her bag and pulled out a water bottle. She went near to the group of plants and catch their attention by shaking her bottle. Like training a dog, she threw the bottle away from the two of them and the plants started to follow it desperately.

"There, I save ya." (Y/n) dusted off her shoulder.

"Are the plants like that?" Wirt panted, staring at the plants thats trying to get the water.

"Guess its something about the thief on a move." She suggested.

"Oh my ghad, if we dont hurry, something else worse is going to happen." Wirt muttered worridly.

"Uh says the one who just wake up almost at the afternoon." She snickered.

Wirt eyed her suspiciously.

"How come your not that serious in the situation we're in?" Wirt asked.

She shrugged it off and turn her back at Wirt. "I've been through worse." She mysteriously muttered before walking away.

"Since we're in Vegetable Town, next off is . . . another Farm town thingy?" She announced, leaving Wirt to follow her.

- Y O U -