CħAp†㉫r 11

CħAp†㉫r 11 : UǸŴAǸ†㉫d
SÏd㉫

    The sound of the bushes rustling startled Wirt which made him stop roasting his marshmellow from a camp fire. Night have hit the day that made (Y/n) and Wirt stopped to a spot and set out a camp. Going back to the rustling bushes, Wirt uses the marshmellow - that is attach to a branch - as a little weapon to defend himself even tho he knew it won't.

  "Be tough, Wirt . . ." He thought, anxiety clouding his mind.

Then when he was ready to know who was behind the bushes, his question were answered as a squirrel who just jump out of the bushes. It's paw scratch it's nose in an adorable way.

  "Oh." Wirt let out a mutter as he relaxes a bit more. Its just squirrel.

  Just in time, (Y/n) came back with a lot of branches on her arm. She threw the branches on the fire, causing it to roar stronger before it calm down. She let out a yawned and grab  her marshmellow - that was also attach to a small branch - as she roast it to the camp fire.

"Finally . . . some little night snack." She muttered, in a pleased way.

  Wirt let out a small chuckle before his eyes dart at the fire. The branches and the fire reminded him of when he first came here with Greg. He still remember how he almost lose his little brother from an unknown beast that he never gets the chance to know who it was, what it was.

  He wondered how did (Y/n) got here. Did she run away from home? Or accidentally stumble down to this mysterious place? Never knew. She was another complete mystery next to this mysterious place. Not how odd she was, it's how she was. Why she's like that.

"Ok, next place would be . . . hmm, Jon's Orphanage. Oh, we could deal some kids." (Y/n) shrugged it off as her free hand gets a hold of the map.

  Wirt sighed, getting a bit tired of how focus (Y/n) was to the map or how she's trying to be strong. He's not saying she's not strong but it doesn't look good if she hid all her problems behind a mask that isn't true. Maybe being close could get her trust.

"So," He strike up a conversation. "How long do you think we could reach your friend? You know, th-the Gardener?" He asked.

  "Probably two days." Hm, enough time for them to know each other. Wirt thought.

"Well, nature calls. You guard the camp while I'm gone." (Y/n) informed which made him a bit dissapointed.

"Ok." He faked a smile. "So much to get know her." He thught behind his fake smile.

    She nodded at his reply before leaving him alone. The silent night took over his company, making him drowned by his thoughts once again. He looked around from curiousity and instant boredom before his eyes spot on a tape in (Y/n)'s bag, making him grew panicked.

  "Is that my tape for Sara!?" He thought as his hand grab the tape immediately, not even hesitating to think it's (Y/n)'s bag. Not his.

"Oh wait, it's not." He sighed in relief to see nothing with the name Sara. "Then why would (Y/n) have a tape with her?" He have found another curiousity.

   Thankfully for him, he have a little tape player in his bag so he grab his bag and pulled out a player. Glancing at where (Y/n) had gone to, it seems like the cose is clear. He open the player and insert the tape as it played, the first thing was heard was (Y/n)'s voice.

"Testing . . ? Ok, uhmm . . . I know it's kind of weird to receive by a tape from me but Will, this is uhh I guess important?" Her voice startled in nervousness.

"Who's Will?" Wirt muttered out a question while listening the tape.

"Will, I'm sorry if I just ran away by the time you ask me the question. You know . . . who do I like or crushing on to. I just got surprised when I heard and all."

Then to Wirt's surprise, he could hear (Y/n) sobbing. The sound made his heart squeeze in pain, he never heard this weak side of hers. He was used to see her in her cocky and strong way, is this what she was hiding for?

"(Y/n) . . ." He sighed, a bit sad for her.

"I thought you notice how weird I *sobs* am to you . . . - oh ghad, I'm crying - I n-never knew you would be so blind. And now, I'm gonna say it to you. Tha-That feeling yo-you just wanna say it but your so d-damn afraid to that person's gonna say."

That last part hit Wirt like a slap. Its like the truth slap that reminded of him when he was with Sara. He wanna say it to Sara but he doesn't have the guts to say it. He can't even tell her face to face, the reason why he decided to say it through poem and recorded. He never knew he could relate much from an unexpected person like (Y/n).

"I . . .I'm inlove wi-with you, I uhh know, crazy right? I felt like you fe-feel bad telling me all about the things you lo-love her." There was a little pain in her tone.

"But you dont have to, I just like how you smile like that when your talking about the things you love. Even if it was her. It kind of hurt but I'm happy for you."

Thats where the tape ends, leaving Wirt into another wave of thoughts. What happen after that? Why did she still have the tape with her? Does that mean she haven't gave the tape to him?

"Now you know my petty little problem, you little bastard." Suddenly Wirt turned to his shoulder to see (Y/n) in her cold state.

   Now Wirt was a bit shocked. Great, how could he deal with her especially when he was spotted holding something isn't his.

"The tape." (Y/n) spoke, her hand pulled out towards him.

"Did he know?" Wirt ignored her and asked. He wanna know even tho it could get her mad. He just wanna help. He knew how it hurts, being afraid of being rejected.

"Wirt, stop." She groaned.

"No, did you even give it to him? I c-could help you give it to him. I know ho-how it feels 'cuz - " Then his sentence was cut short by her.

"It doesn't matter if you know how it feels. Because he's gone." Suddenly she finally snatch the tape from his hand harshfully.

  Guilt. The feeling crawled on his guts like poison. No wonder. He wanna ask how but all he could say was :

"I'm sorry . . ." He looked down.

"Shut up." She shove the tape in her bag, goes to her sleeping bag before giving Wirt one look. "I told you, dont get too close with me. Its a huge risk." She warned before she went to sleep.

  Wirt looked at her back with a sense of pure guilt and sadness, he just made things worse. He slowly lay down o  his sleeping bag, not even sure if he can sleep with this guilt.

- M E -