Chapter 16

It turns out that Orochimaru quit his job the next day after everything that happened. It's not a surprise really. Naruto was half expecting this to happen sooner or later, but the only thing that is bothering him now is that he has no idea where that creep could be. They lost their lead on him, but he won't leave the city until he kills Naruto. And for now Kakashi will be taking over until they find a replacement since Orochimaru left without any warning what-so-ever.

Naruto takes a deep breath and heaves out a heavy sigh. He promised himself from here on out he won't do anything idiotic. Whenever he goes somewhere with Sasuke and its an important mission, he always finds himself getting in the way. It angers him to no end, but what could he do? He's up against vampires for crying out loud. They could rip him in half if they wanted. Naruto grumbles to himself at his thoughts. He hasn't been able to concentrate all day. Sasuke and Orochimaru have been occupying his mind. They were doing a good job at keeping him distracted.

A hand lands itself on the blond's shoulder making him jump slightly and look back to see his masked teacher standing there. "Naruto, the bell rang a minute ago. Is something wrong?"

"Huh? It did? No, sorry. Nothings wrong. I've just been spacing out all day today, it's no biggie." Naruto stands and stretches out his back.

"I see." Kakashi walks to his desk and looks at some papers on his desk. "Are you still up to talking at the cafe with Iruka and I?"

Naruto's eye's snap to his teacher. He had completely forgotten about that. "Oh, uh ... yeah. Do you want to go after school together or do you want to meet there?"

"We can all just go together, it would be easier."

Naruto nods taking out his phone from his pocket and going to Sasuke's contact.

To Sasuke: If you're not doing anything can you come to the cafe in a little while? Iruka is going to want to talk to you ... and I'm going to tell them about everything so far. If you can't make it, it will be okay though.

Naruto looks up shoving his phone back into his pants. He usually never brings his phone anywhere, but he's glad he decided to bring it today. He had forgotten to tell Sasuke about talking with Iruka and Kakashi today, although he had good reason. Yesterday was hectic.

Naruto's phone vibrates in his back pocket making him jump a little bit. He quickly pulls it out and sees Sasuke had texted him back already.

From Sasuke: I'll be there, I won't have you do it alone. I might be a little later though. We are on something right now with Orochimaru. But don't freak out, I'll be there.

Naruto let out a sigh of relief that he had no idea that he was holding. He was glad that he wasn't going to have to tell his two favorite teachers about everything without Sasuke.

Kakashi watches the blond sigh. "Something bothering you, Naruto?"

"Huh?" Naruto perks up staring at the white haired man with bright eyes.

"Something wrong?"

"Oh, no! No actually it's the opposite." Naruto nervously laughs putting a hand on his neck. "Sasuke said that he would meet with us at the cafe." Naruto freezes and his eyes widen. "If that's okay. Is that okay?"

"Of course. Sasuke, right?"

"Yeah." Naruto smiles looking to the window. "Having him there will make it easier for me to explain something I want to tell you guys, and plus he'll fill in anything I forget."

Kakashi's face didn't show any emotion, but soon a small smile appeared on it under that mask of his. Looking at the gleam in Naruto's eyes as he talked about Sasuke was something Kakashi has only seen once before, and he has known him since he was young. "I look forward to finally meeting him. Something tells me that you two are awfully close."