Chapter 21

"I'm so, so, so sorry!" Takamura deeply bows to the group. He has been apologizing for a couple minutes now. Naruto nervously chuckles putting a hand on the back of his neck not really knowing how to react. "I cannot believe I let it slip my mind. I have completely forgotten about the festival tomorrow. I have to get the temple ready, for it is the main attraction in our celebration. I cannot apologize enough!"

Madara waves him off. "It's no big deal. You have taught them enough over the past five days. We only wanted them to know some basic things to protect themselves against vampires."

Takamura raises himself meeting Madara's eyes. "Are you positive it's okay?"

"Of course it is. Besides, we could help you with all the decorations and cleaning today for the festival tomorrow. It should be fun." Shisui beams looking around at the group. "With all of us it should get done even faster."

"You guys are all too nice. I really appreciate everything."

"We are the ones who appreciate all you've done. This is the least we could do after we came on such short notice, yet you still let us come." Itachi says.

"How could I deny you guys. You all have been so nice to my family and everyone here. Not to mention you saved us from the vampires many, many years ago. Long before my great grandfather was even born. Without you our island would be overrun by rouge vampires."

Obito steps forward. "Well we thank you for letting us stay and we can repay you by helping around."

Takamura smiles with a nod. "Of course. We can fix up the temple first then go into town and give the townspeople a hand. Madara, Kakashi, Jiraiya, Iruka and Kiba. Could you go into the back room and grab the decorations. Saiya will show you the way." Naruto turns to see Kiba grumbling slightly saying how he always gets stuck with Madara. He can't help but laugh. "Naruto, Shikamaru, Sai, Sakura and Sasuke. Grab a bucket and rag from the shed and fill it with water. You will be scrubbing the floors. Itachi, Shisui and Obito grab the brooms for dust. Let's get to it!" Everyone goes the way that is assigned to them getting their supplies.

Naruto grabs his bucket and turns back to Sasuke. He glances around and purses his lips to the side. "Where are we supposed to get the water?"

"There is a water pump on the side of the temple. We could fill it there. It'll be faster than the sinks."

Once they fill their buckets with water they go back to the temple to see all the doors open, the Uchiha dusting all the places that need it. Naruto places his bucket on the walkway and kneels down on it starting to scrub. Everyone else follows his lead doing the same.

Sakura scrubs over to the blond. "So, where did you go last night?"

Naruto's eyes widen, but he keeps them locked on the floor. "Where did I go?"

"Don't play dumb Naruto. I saw you walking down the steps to town with Kurama."

Naruto heaves an inward sigh of relief. She didn't see Sasuke. "Oh, I couldn't sleep well for some reason so I decided to go for a walk. And you know Kurama, he never leaves my side." He nods over to the grass where Kurama was no doubt rolling around. "He follows me wherever I go."

Sakura stares into his eyes then smiles looking back to the walkway. "You're right. That dog is something else. Did you at least have a nice walk?"

"You bet." Then it occurs to him. "Ne, Sakura. What were you doing up?"

"I had to use the restroom. I just so happened to be passing by and saw your hair disappear behind the steps with an overeager dog in hot pursuit. My vision was a little hazy but I was still able to make you out. Hard to miss neon orange pjs." She chuckles.