Chapter 24

Naruto tries to suppress a yawn as the door to the roof closes behind him. He's up here because Akuma said he wanted to talk to him about something. His next class is boring so he figures it wouldn't be too bad if he missed it. Naruto walks up beside Akuma who is leaning on the railing overlooking the track.

"Something on your mind?" Naruto finally questions.

Akuma stays silent for a few moments longer to collect his thoughts before just blurting them out in one big jumbled mess. "You've been marked by a pureblood vampire."

Naruto's eyes widen. "Marked by a.." He turns his head to look at him but Akuma is still overlooking the ground below them.

"I smelt it in your blood when your dog attacked you."

Naruto thins his lips. He should have known. He should have known! He's so unbelievably stupid. Of course Akuma is a vampire. Someone should just come up and sock him in the jaw. Maybe that will knock some common sense into him. Just when he thought he would stop being such a burden to everyone too. "So you're a vampire."

"I am," He finally turns to look at him. "but you don't have to worry or be afraid of me. I won't do anything to you. Especially with someone as powerful as an Uchiha as your partner."

Naruto drops his eyes to the ground noticing all the warning signs were there to tell him Akuma is a vampire. Kurama, the not entering his house. He really is an idiot. "So that's why Kurama was being so violent."

"Yes, it was. I'm sorry about that wound on your arm. I didn't know that would happen."

Naruto shakes his head looking down to his arm where Kurama had latched onto him. "It's fine, it's already healed anyway." Naruto brings his eyes back over to Akuma. "You do know now that I have questions for you."

"Yes, I know, but I have a couple more questions for you first." Naruto nods telling him to continue. "Do you know what being marked by a vampire means?"

"I didn't even know that was a thing until you just told me."

Akuma nods. "To be marked by a vampire the two must experience an immense amount of affection and trust one another whole heartedly – becoming one, some might say – without even meaning to, or wanting to, the vampire will take advantage of your vulnerability and they mark the other. This makes the blood of the one being marked toxic to anyone other than that vampire. Also when the vampire marks someone they gain more power." Akuma's head drops slightly and he turns away. "Normally after the vampire gets their power they can't control it and they end up killing the one whom they've marked."

Naruto's eyes narrow staring at him. "Are you trying to say Sasuke is going to kill me?"

Akuma says nothing for a moment and just looks to the blond. "I'm only saying that he could, I don't want you to get hurt."

"This doesn't make any sense. Sasuke is a pureblood so he can control his power. He hasn't acted any differently since we did that."

"Has he changed into his vampire form since then?"

Naruto blinks in thought. He doesn't know. He should know, shouldn't he? Sasuke is his boyfriend after all. "I don't know."

"You would know. The transition doesn't complete until he turns."

"Well when he does it will be good. Now he has more power. This is good news." This means he can finish off Orochimaru once and for all. This is great. Akuma glances to the blond with an indifferent expression. Naruto thins his lips. "Okay, now it's my turn to ask you something."

"Okay."

Naruto calms his fluttering heart. "Why did you tell me you're a vampire? You could have just acted like you had no idea. You didn't have to out yourself."