Chapter Two- My Sanity is Questioned-Again

Moana was so good it had me SHOOK lol. Not just Bc of Lind beautiful voice but  like?? She looked like a real person. She had curves and ethnic features and the accent of the voice actress was ADORABLE. It was empowering in a certain level and yeah I loved it.

I'm seeing Hamilton in Chicago in a week (December 7th) and I'm so excited!

Sorry for not posting this sooner, studying for finals is kicking my ass lol. But here it is.

Love you guys!

*******
John's POV

"I'm not crazy, Herc." I grumbled angrily into the phone. "He was talking to me, okay? We had an actual conversation. He was real."

Here took a deep breath. "John." He said, trying to keep his voice even. "It was a vision. Alex is dead, okay, and I know you hate hearing it but Alex is de-"

I hung up on him and slammed my head into my pillow while I screamed angrily, pressed against my bed like a little kid. God, herc never knows when to shut up.

"John?" My mother knocked on my door, her voice tainted with worry.

I sat up quickly and rubbed the tears away from my eyes. "Mom." I kept my face tilted away from her. "What's up?"

"Is there something you want to talk about, John?" I heard her walk towards me and I angled my face away even more so she wouldn't see my tear streaked face. "Is it....is it about Alex?"

"No." I muttered. "I'm fine."

"John." She sat down next to me and took my face in her smooth, cool hands, making me face her. "I got a text from your therapist saying you called her in a frenzy, something about Alex still being alive? Honey, you know he died in that crash....."

"No, mom!" I pushed her hand away. "I saw him on the street yesterday, and he couldn't remember, but I got his number..."

"Have you tried to call it yet?" My mom asked softly, still a little shocked from me pushing her away.

I shook my head, so mom pried my phone from my hands and unlocked it, looking through my contacts. "Let's try the number then, okay?" She smiled patiently. I hesitated, then nodded in agreement, so mom pressed the call button under Alex's new contact. We put the phone on speaker and waited.

One ring.

Please let it work, I begged. Please god, if you're even up there, let this one damn thing work.

Two rings.

He's gonna pick up.

Three rings.

He had to pick up.

Four. Five.

He isn't going to pick up.

Si-

There was a click on the other line, and then a moment of silence. I held my breath.

"We're sorry. The number you are trying to reach has been disconnected. Please,-"

My mom turned the phone off and met my eyes. "John." She whispered, throwing my phone to the side and taking my hands in hers. "John, I am so sorry."

I swallowed harshly. "It's fine." My voice was hoarse and scratchy. "It's okay. I knew it wasn't real. I knew my head was just messing with me, I'm going crazy, it's okay..."

"You are not going crazy." My mom squeezed my hands and made me look her in the eyes. "You're just coping."

I nodded and pulled my hands out of her grasp, my eyes looking around the room in a drastic attempt to not stare at my mom. "Can you leave me alone for a bit? I want to make a call."

"Sure thing, sweetie. I need to go get Juliet up from her nap anyways, and then I'll start on dinner." Mom kissed my forehead lovingly before hoisting herself off the bed and leaving, making sure to close my door behind her.

I flopped back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Shit. Shit shit shit. I stretched hand out and groped around on my bed for my phone, pressing down on the home button with my thumb. "Call Lafayette." I mumbled to Siri. There was a moment of silence before I heard the phone start to ring. Come on Laf, pick up....

Click. "John Laurens." Laf sounded sad. "I just got off the phone with Herc. Mon ami, do you really think-"

"It was a vision, Laf." I sighed. "I called the number Alex gave me. It didn't go through. I imagined it."

Laf scoffed. "Your imagination didn't put that number in your contacts."

I paused. That was a good point. "I might've done it myself, and just thought Alex did it. I'm insane, remember? There's no limit to what scenarios I can make up."

"I don't think you're crazy. Herc might, but I don't. If you think you saw Alex, then you saw Alex." Laf said with determination.

I took a deep breath. "What if it really was him, Laf? He didn't even remember me. He couldn't remember anything. Do you think....do you think I could have a second chance?"

"No."

"What?" Wow, way to be honest with me Laf.

"I don't think you have a chance, mon ami, I know you do." I could practically hear him smiling through the phone. "You and Alex are meant to be together. Something tells me your story together isn't over."

"Funny." I laughed. "You said the exact opposite when you brought the gang to visit after the plane crash."

"That's not true!" Laf said defensively. "I said that the story from Alex's point of view is over, and that now we have to tell it. So go out there and tell that boy his story."

I smiled. "I have to find him, don't I?"

"You bet your cute little butt you do. Okay, I gotta go, Herc is calling me. I think he's worried about you. He called your doctors."

I groaned. "Tell him to calm down, okay? Bye Laf."

"Will do, kiddo, and I'll call you tomorrow." Laf hung up with a click

I snuggled under my blankets and slipped my earphones in, turning on my longest and most emo playlist. What can I say, music is a drug.

I closed my eyes and tried to let the soft crooning of my favorite bands sing me to sleep, but the thoughts of Alex kept pestering me. Was he alive? If so, how could I find him? Did he give me the wrong number on purpose??

"Shut up, brain." I mumbled, turning up the volume of my music. An hour later, I was fast asleep, but my dreams were still haunted by Alex.

"Come find me, John!" I heard him calling me. "Come find me!"

I smiled in my sleep. "Don't worry, Alex. I'm coming."