Chapter 15: When You're Home

If you like chummy romance scenes, this is going to be a good chapter for you. Because it's literally all little bits of  romance. Cute fluff. A little bit of plot right at the end. Seems reasonable.

Another important person comes back. Keep reading to the end to find out who.

Love ya!❤️ (ive been posting so much lately dang)
******
Peggy's POV

"Eliza told me the whole story." I kicked my legs back and forth to push the swing forward. Jefferson stood in front of me, arms crossed. In the distance kids were shouting and kicking a soccer ball around. A dog barked happily as it nipped at their heels. It was warm, and it was summer, and everyone at the park seemed content. Well, everyone but me and Thomas.

"I'm sorry I judged you before we had an actual adult conversation about everything that happened." I kept my eyes trained on the ground, ashamed. "I didn't mean to lash out. You weren't supposed to see that side of me so soon into our relationship."

"You say that like we're breaking up." Thomas said quietly. He squatted down in front of me, placing his large hands on my thighs.

"Peggy." He kissed me. "I'm not angry. Things just got heated. You don't have anything to apologize for."

My heart melted instantly. How did I get so lucky?

"I like you, Peg. A lot. I like how you never brush your curls and can still look fucking perfect. I like your loud, warm, genuinely happy laugh. I like how open you are. I like how kind you are to everyone, no matter what they did in the past. I was an awful person, and you forgave me. Peggy...."  Thomas looked up at me and started chuckling like a little kid.

I pouted, taking his hands off my thighs and wrapping them around my waist. "Why are you laughing at me, Jefferson?" I asked, resting my forehead against his.

Thomas laughed and placed a light kiss on my lips. "No, love. I'm just laughing because I realized I've made the right decision. You make everything so easy, so simple. You're perfect."

I giggled. "I know."

He leaned in for another kiss. "My Peggy." Thomas murmured against my lips.

His.
*******
*john's POV

Alex and I had the house to ourselves.

Normal couples would smash. Or watch a cute movie. Or do both. It's called Netflix and chill for a reason, kids. But no, this is me and Alex we're talking about. God knows this relationship isn't anything close to normal.

We played a prank on the Schuyler sisters instead.

"This is fucking hilarious." Alex giggled uncontrollably as he helped me take apart Eliza's bed. "Where the hell did you get the idea to switch all the furniture in their rooms? It's genius!" I knelt down next to Alex on the floor and gave him a hand with the nail gun.

"You're my muse. You inspire me to be an asshole." I smiled and kissed Alex's cheek.

He pursed his lips and pushed me away. "Bully."

I just flashed him a wholesome, southern, mega-watt smile. "Darling, hand me the screwdriver." I held out my hand, expecting Alex to hand it over, but instead he slipped he hand in mine.

"Ew." I dropped his hand and made a repulsed face. "That's gay."

"Your dick has been inside of me." Alex deadpanned. Point made.