Chapter Five: Friendsgiving (Part 1)

Love you all! Last chapter sucked so here's an especially good one!

Awesomewow9 is gone. They deleted their account. They were one of my first friends and supporters here and I miss them. I miss their comments and their jokes and their absolutely brilliant stories. It's hard to move on TBH.
Hope you're all okay and having a great life! ❤️
******
John's POV

"I never thought I'd see you assholes again." I sobbed, slamming straight into the arms of my best friends Hercules Mulligan and Marquis de Lafayette.

"Me neither, mon ami." Laf sniffled. Herc only grunted. "You shouldn't have left us like that, you dickwad." He chided me.

"I'm sorry!" I pulled away laughing, wiping a tear away from my eye. Here, I'll get your bags and take you into my room. I've set up some air mattresses."

"How many people are coming?" Laf asked as I led them away from my front door and down the hall.

"Three, other than you two. Angelica, Eliza, and Washington." I kicked my door open and lugged in their extremely heavy suitcases. "The girls are flying in later tonight, but Washington should be here soon. Like, ten minutes or so."

We all took a seat on the floor of my room, awkwardly looking at each other. It'd been almost two years since I'd seen my best friends, and I could barely say a word to them. Were we even considered friends anymore?

"So." I said awkwardly. "How's France?"

"Oh, lovely!" Laf gushed. "Me and Herc got this lovely little apartment on the outskirts of Paris, and every weekend we drive out to visit my family. I love it there." He smiled and slipped his hand into Herc's, squeezing it lovingly. . oh. Ohhhhhhhh.

Well that was unexpected.

"Are you nervous? About Alex?" Herc asked me, a concerned look causing his brow to furrow.

"A little." I admitted. "I'm more nervous about Eliza, to be honest. What if he falls in love with her again? I mean, I haven't even told him about us yet...."

"You still haven't told him?" Laf asked, his mouth falling open in a shocked o. "Mom ami, you have to get on that!"

Herc snickered. "Laf, he already has!" Laf instantly pulled his hand out of the other boy's grasp. "Get your mind out of the gutter!" He gasped, while me and Herc just laughed.

"You are all so immature." Laf said, trying not to laugh, his distinct accent popping out more than usual. "I'm surprised John didn't leave New York earlier out of pure disgust."

I chuckled. "I would've, Laf. If it weren't for Alex."

"Something tells me a lot of things would have happened, if it weren't for Alex." Herc mused. And he was right.
*******
*two days later

It was the day before thanksgiving, and my mother was seconds away from punching all my friends in the face. It was also the day Alex was coming over to let us try and retrieve some of his memories.

"John." My mother came into the kitchen, Juliet on her hip. They were both dressed warmly. "I'm going to run some errands and make some visits, and should be out of your hair today. Do you have your little Friendsgiving covered?"

"Of course, mom." I kissed her cheek. "I'll try not to burn the house down."

A crash came from the other room and I heard George Washington start shouting about.....a pair of socks up someone's ass?