Some HCs I Think About A Lot

Hi I still love this book and these versions of the characters. Please forgive me for continuing to upload shit even after the story was done. But these are just some headcanons for my characters that I played around with but never made it into the story.

• Peggy was one of Alex's closest friends. Towards the end of his life, when he was getting really sick, she would spend days sitting next to him on his bed. She'd turn on Netflix and they would binge-watch The Office for hours at a time. It made Alex laugh. John stood in the doorway and smiled, happy that they were friends, happy that Peggy was just so kind.

•Following that, Peggy almost lost it when Alex died. She locked herself in his room and burrowed under the covers, refusing to come out. She can't watch The Office anymore. She can't even make it past the opening theme song.

•Eliza was in England when Alex died, visiting an old friend from school. She'd found out she was pregnant a week before his death. Eliza didn't want to come home because she didn't want Alex to see her as her life was falling apart.

•When John came back home to California after the funeral, his sister didn't recognize him, and his mom had a new boyfriend. Juliet (Johns sister) called the new boyfriend "Dad". His family had started over without him, thinking he would never come home.

•Jefferson and Madison continued to be off-again/on-again for a few years, until James Madison eventually moved on.

•Washington begged Angelica to leave him when they found out he couldn't have kids. He wanted her to have a family, be a mom.

•They ended up adopting two kids.

•Theodosia died because of AIDS. she wrote Aaron Burr a note telling him that she wished they'd never broken up, and she loved him.

•Aaron Burr never really moved on. He never got married or got a decent job. He visits Alex's grave a lot.

•I touched on this a bit but John fell into a serious drug problem when he moved back to California. His mom almost kicked him out because he was spending all their money on it.

•The freckles theme was supposed to start off in Legacy (it's mentioned in the first few chapters but I never really kept it up lol) Guess I was subconsciously setting myself up for the sequel.