Chapter Fourteen: You'll Only Be a Moment Away

Hey guys! In honor of 50k (HOLY SHIT!) reads on Legacy, I'm doing something like a giveaway. But instead of giving out cool stuff people want, I'm giving away....my friendship??

If you instant message me any of your social media, I'll give you a follow and we'll become internet friends 😂 I know it's an awful gift but I just really want to reach out to you guys and be more of just an author. I love you all

Also: someone comes back in this chapter. You've probably noticed that I'm slowly pulling the hamilsquad back in to this fic. Pay attention. They become important.

(This chapter jumps around POVs a bit. It isn't a filler-like, a lot of important stuff goes down, but I'm trying to cram plot into chapters because I don't want to end up finishing this book with like 70 chapters. Rn we're about halfway through. Love ya!)

****
Jefferson's POV

"Tommy....Thomas. Can't you stay? Please."

"No." I sat stiffly on his bed, staring out the window with blank eyes. What have I done? "No, I have to go. I never called Peggy back."

"Please." James begged, tears in his eyes.

His hand brushed against my bare back, but I scooted away quickly. "I can't." I told him again.

"Why not?"

"Because, James. Sometimes it's better to take the safe road. The easy way out. I'm sorry...for not being brave enough to love you." I stood up off his bed and reached for my clothes. "I'm so, so sorry."

******
Alex's POV

"Eliza, seeing you stressed out makes me stressed out. Can you sit down or something?" I begged, watching her pace with alert eyes.

John squeezed my hand. "Eliza, sit down before you give Alex a seizure or something. Jesus. The man is dying, Liza, even the slightest thing could trigger him."

I narrowed my eyes. "You trigger me."

John laughed warmly and placed a soft kiss on my mouth. I started plopping hurried kisses all over his face. "One....two....three..." I counted, trying to count his freckles as I kissed them.

John pushed me off. "Nuh uh, mister." He teased, wagging his finger. "Stop trying to count my freckles. You'll never know how many I have. Never." His brown eyes seemed to be lit up from the inside, the sun making them the color of melted chocolate.

"Ugh." Peggy huffed, crossing her arms. "Can you two stop being so cute and couple-y? It's insensitive. I'm going through a breakup over here."

"This is exactly what I'm talking about." Eliza groaned and flopped into the chair across from me. "I've ruined the household. Angelica's been gone for barely six  years, and I've gotten Alex to lose his memory, let Peggy date Thomas Jefferson then watched as her heart was broken by him, and.... and... and, our house is a disaster!" Eliza's eyes settled over the unkempt living room, which John and I had kind of destroyed during our Friends marathon.

Eliza took a deep breath. "Before Angie left for college, she told me that I had to be the big sister now. I had to take care of everything. Now she's coming back to utter shit!" She dropped her head and flung her arms.

"You're being extremely overdramatic." John noted. I turned toward him and gave him a cute little Eskimo kiss that got cut short when Peggy threw a pillow at us.

"Peggy, just call him already." I groaned, throwing the pillow back. "Stop sulking. Talk it out."

"He won't return my calls." Peggy huffed and dropped to the floor at Eliza's feet. Eliza sat up from her sprawled position to comfortingly smooth Peggy's curls back from her face.