Chapter Three- I Almost Kill Some People But Its Worth It

Hey guys, thanks for being so loving and supportive on all my stories. Reading your feedback is the highlight of my day.

Legacy is almost at 16k  reads. Seems like just yesterday I was having a panic attack over 1k lol. I'm really proud of it and yeah. Thanks. I love you all.

Here's a new chapter ❤️

Ps. Spring Awakening is so amazing help me. I've seen it twice and listen to it practically daily but I still get chills every time. I hope some day I'm as talented as that cast.
*****
John's Pov.

"So they thought you were crazy?" Doctor Everest asked, leaning forward and furrowing her brow.

"Yeah. Or that it was a ghost or something. My mother is very religious, and she thought that God was trying to send me some closure or something." I laughed and shook my head. "Imagine that. God, sending me some closure."

Doctor Everest sighed. "So he gave you a disabled number. Why?"

I smiled softly. "He didn't."

"Sorry?"

"Alex. He didn't give me a disabled number." I leaned back into the couch and smiled. "He just made a mistake, that's all."

Doctor Everest raised a brow. "Uh.....okay. Why don't you tell me about that?"

I nodded. "Okay, that's where we'll pick up then. It was November, and...."

******
John's POV

It was November, and the air was different.

Ok, I don't really know what that means. I saw it in a book and it sounded cool. The truth is, my November was pretty boring. It was dull and dry and overflowing with homework. I had gotten into Loyola, which was a mere half hour from my house, so for some reason I thought I'd have lots of free time. But I was wrong, and apparently film school is one of those things you have to suck it up and take seriously.

So yeah. Film school.

Why the fuck did I decide to go to film school? Who the hell cares about film? Not me, that's for sure, but there I was at Loyola University with a full backpack and a new camera.

So I was driving home from a class one day, speeding down the streets with my windows open (California was a little late with the whole "cold" thing, as always) when I saw him. Alex. Walking into a coffee shop, with a large pair of headphones pressed over his messy hair and a book under one arm.

What the hell.

It had been five months since the last vision, and honestly, is almost forgotten about it altogether. School had seemed to completely brainwash me until the only thing I thought about was classes. But...

That was him.

I took a deep breath, grabbed the wheel tightly, and made a sharp and sudden u-turn in the middle of the road, cutting off an old lady and causing a million people to honk their horns. "Sorry!" I yelled out my window. "I'm trying to find the love of my life!"

I parked outside the coffee shop, a cute and almost unnoticeable place called the Conscious Cup. I dashed into that knock-off Starbucks like my ass was on fire.

The little bell on the frame rung out in protest as I slammed the door shut, looking around the cafe in a frenzy. The bartender looked up cautiously. "Hello,sir." He said, eyes narrowed in observation. "Can I help you?"

"No." I murmured as I spotted Aled nestled in a chair at the far corner of the room, his eyes trained on the book that was spread open in his lap. "No, I have everything I need."

I crossed the cafe with my heart pounding. Is it him is it him is it

Alex must have heard the footsteps drawing closer, because he looked up at with a startled look in his eyes which softened as he saw me. Alex paused his music and pulled the headphones off.

"Hi." I said breathlessly. "I don't know if you remember me-"

"I do." He interrupted with a soft smile. "It was John, right? The one with friends in New York."

"Right. John Laurens. My friends came in to visit a few months ago, and I tried to call the number you gave me, but it wouldn't go through." I furrowed my brow. "Did you give me a false number?"

"What? No! Why would I do that?" Alex laughed and held out his hand. "Here. Let me check to make sure you did enter the number wrong or something."

"I'm pretty sure you're the one who entered it." I grumbled, but I handed my phone over.

"Ah." Alex looked up at me with an apologetic wince. "This 5 should be a 6. Sorry. My finger must have slipped or something. Geez, I'm sorry."

I let him fix the typo before taking my phone back. "It's fine." I said softly, shifting my weight awkwardly. "Um...so how are you doing? Have any memories come back?"

"Nope." Alex pursed his lips and shook his head. "Not a damn thing. However, the doctors think most of the damage to my brain is starting to heal up, so I'm good to start taking classes."

"That's cool. Where are you going?" Please be Loyola please be Loyola....

"Online." Alex said awkwardly. "I can't afford to go study law so right now I'm just trying to knock some stuff out of the way."

"Oh." My face fell. "Well, if there's anything you need, you know how to reach me."

"Actually, I can't, but you can reach me." Alex gestured to my phone and laughed. I looked down at it. The contacts screen was still up and Alex's number smiled up at me triumphantly. Oh mom, wait till you hear about this.

I felt flirty about it all of a sudden. I mean, the whole scenario was pretty romantic. "Looks like I'll just have to text you then, or give you a call." I gave Alex a cheeky smile, which he returned without hesitation.

"I'll be looking forward to it." Alex promised.

****
Okay, this was pretty shitty, but I promise the next will be better.

I have a question: even though this is technically supposed to be told from the POV of John's flashbacks, how would you guys feel about some Alex scenes?

Ily all!

Also: I see Hamilton in about 24 hours. I'm going to cry😍😍😍