Chapter 19: I'll Cover You

I'm sorry this fic sucked ass. Legacy was so good and this was actual shit. I'm sorry guys.

I've been thinking about writing a Be More Chill fic. That might be fun. Or maybe DEH? But I'm really thinking about Be More Chill. It would definitely be a boyf riends fic and it would be super cute. Also if you haven't listen to BMC.......get on with it immediately I fell in love.

Second to last chapter. Sorry I dragged this excuse for a fic on for so long. It really sucks I'm sorry you all had to read it. I honestly might delete it and pretend the end of Legacy was the end of Alex.

*****
Johns POV
Four years and seven months after Alex's diagnosis

"You are such a piece of shit, do you know that?" I shouted, my hands curling into fists. The other people in the bar looked over at me warily, but Jefferson just smiled cockily.

"John, what I did was just self defense!" He raised his hands up and shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, isn't Peggy the one who attacked me first? She went to James Madison and exposed me, knowing that he would break up with me! She had this coming-"

I landed a particularly sickening punch on his jawbone. "You son of a bitch." I said in a low, guttural voice. "You beat the living shit out of her. She's lucky to be alive."

Jefferson nodded. "My point exactly! I could have killed her if I wanted to, but I didn't. You're welcoming."

A loud scream ripped out of my mouth as I dived to attack him, but the bar door slamming open stopped me in my tracks. I looked up, confused. Angelica was standing in the doorway, panting, absolutely soaked to the bone. It looked as if she'd ran the whole way here in the rain.

"John." She bent over, gasping for breath. "Why can't you answer your phone, dammit?"

"Did you run all the way here?" I questioned.

"You took my car, what else was I supposed to do?" She looked up at me, tears in her eyes. "It's Alex. He's out of the coma. There's a doctor with him, he says there isn't much more time, Alex's body is just shutting down...."

I glared at Jefferson. "This isn't over." I promised.

Angie and I sprinted outside to where I'd parked her car. Seven months, I thought to myself. He's been in a coma for seven months, and I'm not even there when he wakes up, and now he's about to die."

We drove to the hospital with Angelica shouting at Laf through the phone. It was like she was screaming underwater; I couldn't understand a single word.

I turned into the parking lot quickly, leaving the car in between two spaces and sprinting out    with Angelica right on my heels. "We're here for Alexander Hamilton." Angie explained to the receptionist at the front desk. "I know where he is- are we okay to go up?" The lady nodded, stunned by our frantic demeanor.

Angie led me to Alex's room, my heart pounding wildly. This was it. This is the end. "You need to calm down." Angelica whispered in my ear as she opened the door to Alex's room. "He needs you to stay strong, okay? We're all here to help the both of you through this." I nodded, took a deep breath, and walked through the door.

Alex was lying on the hospital bed, his skin a scary chalk-white, staring up at the ceiling with blank eyes. Tubes and monitors were hooked up to his entire body, making him look like some sort of robot. Peggy, Laf, Herc, and Washington backed away from his bedside when they saw me. "Really, Laf?" Angelica rolled her eyes when she saw the bundle in his arms. "You brought the baby?"

Herc put a protective hand on his husbands shoulder. " We wanted Alex to meet her." He said defensively.

I walked past them to Alex's bed. "Hey, baby." I whispered, taking his hand in mine.