Chapter 2: The Assassin's Pet

Hey and welcome back to another chapter of Destiny! :3

As I said in the last chapter, this chapter will focus on Mitch and Jerome. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I'm excited to write this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mitch's POV

I took a deep breath as I slid the now bloody knife into it's sheathe. I had just finished the assassination of my target. A 48 year old man who was a known murderer much like myself. But he killed without reason, while I killed for a purpose. To be fair, whenever he killed he was pretty much drunk. It happened every night. He would go to the pub, get drunk, and find some poor soul on the streets of Torona, and kill them. 

I watched him every night for a week. And every night it was filled with him murdering. I finally got a chance to kill him while no one was around. Even though there were never any witnesses for my assassinations, everyone seems to know who I am. But they don't know the man behind the assassinations, just the man who does them.

My name is Mitchell Hughes. I have been given many nicknames like, 'the checkered assassin', 'the BajanCanadian', and my favorite, the one I go by now, 'Benja'. I am 18 years old and was orphaned at the age of six when a group of raiders attacked my families wagon while coming home from a business trip with the leader of the Bacca Tribe, and killed them. My family used to be the leaders of the small village of FlameSide, the neighboring town of the capitol, Torona. But after their murder, the city fell into chaos. The next day after my parents were announced dead, i woke up to the village burning. I was able to escape with a few other kids from my village, but we were all that remained.

~Little Mini Flash Back~

While hiding out in the woods, we were found by Toronian knights. They took us to the capitol, and sent us to the orphanage. That was over seven years ago. I spent seven years watching the kids get adopted. By the time I was 14, I got sick of waiting to be adopted so I ran away. I eventually found people that I trusted. They called themselves, Team Crafted. They told me they were assassins sent to kill the general of the King's army who had become corrupt. They said they saw a talent in me, for they had caught me trying to sneak away from a group of guards. They asked me to join them, which I did. The leader of the team, who went by the name of Sky, decided I should be the one to assassinate the general.

So later that night, I snuck my way into the castle, followed by the rest of the team. And on that night, I proved to them I had what it took to become an assassin. That night, I murdered my grandfather. 

He never loved me anyway.

~Flash Back Over~

I carefully snuck my way back into the sea of people that walked the street. It was a cold starless night. But I didn't care. People were all around me, walking towards the town square for the King's announcement. And I was to join the rest of the group there. Tonight, they were going to announce the new general of the army. According to my sources, he was an 18 year old from the Bacca Tribe. The king wanted to keep good terms with the Bacca Tribe so he offered to have a Bacca general for the army. 

I entered the square and started searching for any familiar faces. I soon found them standing at the edge of the crowd. I wandered over to them. Sky noticed my approach and nodded his head to me. He wore his usual assassin robes. Grey, black, and gold. His amulet swung aimlessly around his neck. His hood was down to reveal his long, brown hair which was pulled back into his usual ponytail. Whenever his hood was down, he wore dark sunglasses to hide his golden glowing eyes. I learned a few weeks after I joined the group that his father was the infamous Herobrine. Because of his eyes, people feared him. Except for the rest of Team Crafted. It seems, everyone in the group is a hybrid of some sort. Everyone except me and Ssundee. I was a normal boy while Ian had a dark side to him. And a few years later, I found out that Sky was the prince of the Butter Kingdom. Which would explain his obsession with his 'Gold' sword.