Chapter 7: The Pack Splits

How's it going my Flames! Welcome back!

So before I begin with the chapter, I want to thank you so much for taking the time to read my sucky fanfiction. It means a lot to me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mitch's POV~

(Time skip to the day they leave)

The past two days went by surprisingly quick. The first day was spent relaxing and recovery, mostly for Rob though, and every one did their own thing. Vikk and Lachlan spent their time talking about books and their past life. Me and Jerome caught up with Sky and talked about their recent assassin spree. While we did that, Preston spent all of his time with Rob. I'm pretty sure Preston had the hots for Rob. He did say "Goodnight my Prince" as soon as Rob passed out after the shadow maze trial. That was crazy. The next day was spent training. Me and Rob were practicing together with Max and Red, who were our protectors.

Today, we leave. The Pack gets split up to search for the three elements to open the doors to Redstonia. Me and Rob are heading to Torona with Max and Red. Me and Rob got to know Max and Red. Red was born in Torona to an abusive dad. His father abused him and his mother for being different. For being dinosaur hybrids. His mother died when Red turned five. Her death along with his dad's abusive ways, drove Red to run away to the Budder Kingdom where he met Barney and Max. He later got to meet Sky, Jin, and Ross while at a birthday party. When he turned seven, Max gave him his red dinosaur beanie. After Max got turned into a Soul Keeper and ran away, Red spent countless days searching for him. His friends had to eventually stop him, but Red became depressed. Max had been his first friend. As well as his best friend. He told everything to Max. His father, his mother, his past. With Max gone, the comfort and safety he had left, leaving Red alone. He eventually seperated himself from his friends and moved back to Torona to live with his grandmother. He was only 14. When he turned 18, he got to glimpse of his future. In his glimpse, he saw Max. That's what drove him back to his friends. The fact that Max was alive and that he would see him again.

When Max heard that story, he started to cry and hug Red. Saying how he was so sorry for leaving and that he wished he hadn't left. Red comforted him, leaving me and Rob in an awkward state. Once Max was calm again, I decided to talk about our mission.

"So, when do we leave for Torona?" I asked Red, for he was the leader in our group.

"We leave at noon. It's nine right now so we need to make sure we have everything packed before the wizards call us in for a final meeting before we leave." Red said getting up. Me, Max, and Rob followed suit.

"So what do we need to pack?" Rob asked as we entered our dorm.

"Umm. Pack extra clothes, medicine, a few potions, and some weapons. Max and I will share a pack of clothes. I will use my bag to pack food and water. Rob, you can carry the medicine and Mitch can carry the potions. Now, get packed! We have to be in the meeting room in an hour."

We got to packing. I packed some extra clothes and put the potions FireFoxx brought to me. Once we were done packing, we headed to the Wizard's meeting room. When we got there, the wizards, Jerome, Vikk, and their protectors were already there.

"So are we just waiting on Lachlan, Preston, and the rest of the protectors?" Wag asked no one in particular.

"Yep. Sky is always fashionably late. So we might be waiting a bit." Syn answered from the corner.

I walked over to Jerome and sat beside him. He was staring at the wall deep in thought.

"Jerome?"